Project 3 Pre1

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Martin5Ar

Project 3 Pre1

Post by Martin5Ar »

HellO Everyone! Right here are my two designs for the tmcc graphic communications program website. The First two concepts are kinda like my first try. Therefore, I used basic elements of a website template, but in the end I came up with a busy design. The Second design is more of an inspiration of mine, and I still have almost the same layout as the first one but with better improvements and management of colors and white spaces. I'm still struggling a little bit with font choices thou. Perhaps my designs don't look like a college site, but then I thought about what graphic design is and it's all about colors and crazy designs that looks attractive to the eye. :P
Attachments
index_design1.jpg
content_design1.jpg
index_design2.jpg
content_design2.jpg
Martin Aranda

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Re: Project 3 Pre1

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hey Martin,
I really like your layouts both of them but I can say that the second one looks better to me although I had a hard time reading the body text, may be changing it to one more readable can help.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Martin - I like the techie feeling of the first set. The second group feels like a blog, or something deeply personal, rather than a professional website for a college.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

the header in the first design is super attractive. they are both very artistic but I prefer the first design
Mark Pederson

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

hi martin,

nice work on both but i would have to say i like the first one better. good use of colors and transparency for your navigation. :)
Donna Harn

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

I like them both. The top one is giving me more of a graphics feel than the bottom one.
Justin Hubert

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I love the first layout its so cool!
Dustin Hill

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Wow I can’t even begin to decide what layout I like the best! All of them are just terrific! I say do them all just make the navigation bars similar so it ties them all together…I am way jealous of your work! Great job!
jen
jenny breitrick

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Martin.

Both of your designs are visually striking, and I really like the homepage of your second design. But overall, that design just feels so disconnected, like they have nothing in common except the link area, which puts me off a bit. Your first design has a great header (although be sure to capitalize "Truckee") and a much more cohesive feel. I'd be careful about putting any text over a super black image at the bottom on your inner page, as it makes it a little hard to read, and I have no idea why you're italicizing everything, haha.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Martin,
Your rough came out great :) I'm really like the first set of roughs the usage of the color and the way your using opacity to fade the images in the background. My suggest would be to change the typeface for the content maybe Times Roman. Great Job!
Maria Nunez