Inserting type over an image

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
olddragon

Inserting type over an image

Post by olddragon »

My background is a gradient, but over the background I have some brushed texture to represent the ground. I want to put my body copy over that but can't insert it into that div without doing something like create something within it... what I don't know. Can anybody tell me how to put the text into an image?
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

brienicole

Re: Inserting type over an image

Post by brienicole »

theres a few ways. you can see I did in mine. You can use a table ( or just put it in the css where your body copy is.)
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

It didn't save my response apparently so I'll respond again.
If you meet me tomorrow or Friday in the graphics lab or anywhere where I can bring my laptop (which I have CS5.5 on) I will be happy to show you how it's done. You just need to respond TONIGHT to tell me where and when you want to meet... anywhere on a bus route...
- Nathan Lundholm

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Oh and I strongly recommend using CSS, not a table. Tables for tabular data only.
- Nathan Lundholm

smith206

Post by smith206 »

It really depends on how your background image is inserted in. And where your brushes are put in? Is the brush part of the background image or did you place it on top of your background image in the div. The way you worded your question is a bit confusing and Im not sure what your skill level is to best direct you to solve your problem. I can help you if you are at TMCC. Im the IA for 217 at 6pm-9pm today if you are going to be around stop by and I can help you out. If not just explain how your image is put into your design and I will give you some instructions on how to best fix it.
Kyle Smith

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I will be here in 217 at 6 pm Wednesday waiting for a bit of help. Thanks
Arlene Williams

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Okay, that saves me a trip in since you got an offer of help this evening and accepted that one.
- Nathan Lundholm

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

Thanks Nathan for the offer of help. And thanks Kyle for giving me the help in the lab.
Arlene Williams