Project1_Kristine_Toward

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
miss_kristine

My site

Post by miss_kristine »

I guess posting it up here takes a little of the pain out of putting it up on Monday. This is all very new to me, my 119 site never worked properly. So, this is my first working website. Yay!

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2011 ... index.html
Kristine Toward

Vi_Vi

Re: My site

Post by Vi_Vi »

The only little thing is the tmcc and grc175 is too close to the edge, maybe you can shift those up a bit.

:) It's very pretty and fancy. Love the roses. Everything from your picture to the font, and the color choice goes very well together.
Vy Tat...

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

Your teacups are so fun!!! They are great!

I would add that the email looks too close to the edge, at least in Explorer.

How wonderful to have a blog to add too!
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wonderland is go for liftoff! 'Grats on building your first functional site.

I like the slight sense of surrealism throughout, particularly the precariously stacked teacup navigation and the fact that you look so blasé about it all. It's like your a waitress at a greasy spoon in Wonderland and have seen so much at identical twin eggs and talking caterpillars don't phase you any more. I like the use of the literal frame around your content as well.

A couple quick suggestions:

- Your email and class information seems crammed down in the lower right corner. I'd move 'em away from the bottom right a bit (say 1/8") to give them 'em to breathe.

- There's a slight white edge on the inside of your content frame.

- I like your background pattern, but there is a rather obvious break in the tiling along the bottom of your tan container box.

- As we get more advanced in skill in this class, I think it'd be neat for you to revisit this and maybe have a few things breaking out of the tan container box.

Really neat! A good concept well executed.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

its very you! I love the LOMOness (acid wash) the feeling gives off as well. I agree that the tiling in the back is a bit bothersome but still for a first site its pretty awesome!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

miss_kristine

Project1_Kristine_Toward

Post by miss_kristine »

Kristine Toward

brienicole

Re: Project1_Kristine_Toward

Post by brienicole »

re iterating what I've previously said. I like the lomoness and how its very you! and again the background not being seamless bothers me a bit.. but its still a fun site
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Looks good I like the idea of you holding the cups as your navigation. I was having some problems with your links, once you get into the project one page none of your links work at that point but that isnt hard to fix just update the html page. Anywho like the overall page and design, nice work.
Kyle Smith

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

looks good i like the colors but the background on the middle table with its grainyness messes with the black type just a little
my Kia beats

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Very expressive!
Yeah, a tiled background should be seamless but it's your first site and it rocks! You should be proud of yourself!
- Nathan Lundholm