Project 1 - Melissa Armstrong

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Melissa_Armstrong

Re: Project 1 - Melissa Armstrong

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

Thanks Lindsey :)

I was not able to get Photoshop until two days after I worked with the Reno image so I was forced to use paint but it turned out better than I thought with paint being somewhat limited. I also did the poker chips in paint. It would be nice to work with the images now that I have Photoshop...before the trial ends.

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

Melissa_Armstrong

Thanks Arlene :)

I really like the spacing of the diamonds now too. I agree that the resources links are a bit tight. Perhaps I can format it to where the links are on the left with the PDFs on the right and then perhaps increase the font. Another option would be to include a scrolling bar but I was trying to stay away from needing to use one. I'll need to think about that one with what option I should do.

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Your design is really starting to come together! And that's a great pic of Reno you chose. :) My suggestions are to give your linking some rollover action, both in the navigation and also in your resources links. And also, I think you could go even smaller with the gemstone card suit symbols. They're just accents (from what I read in this thread) so you don't want them to take over. And while it's way better now than it was, I think you can go even farther. Keep goin' with it, you're doing good! :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

Nice site. I like the legibility and the overall of your site very much, especially the poker chips on the second page. :)
Vy Tat...

mminten

Post by mminten »

Just a couple things. I think that it has to big of a margin on the top and I would add some sort of rollover effect to the links. I like the chips for you project links. Good job.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Melissa_Armstrong

Thanks Larry :)

I would love to incoporate rollover effects...I just wish I knew how with Dreamweaver...perhaps I can figure that one out.

You are exactly right, the card symbols are accents to where thay can and should be a bit smaller. Should the ones in between the buttons be the only ones smaller or do you think the diamonds also?

Many have stated to go flat with the card symbols but I really like the gemstoe aspect of them being in a way 3-dimensional...what do you think?

Anyways, thank you so much for your comments and advice. :)
Melissa Armstrong

Melissa_Armstrong

Thanks Matthew :)

I have gotten a few comments about the top margin being too large. I am not really sure what it means...is it like the space between the top name banner with the top of the browser, or something else? I would like to fix it but I'm just not sure exactly what the margins should be.

I would love to have rollover effects...I just need to learn how to do it with dreamweaver. ;)

I am glad you like the chips, I thought they would be the best image for the overall theme.

Again, thanks much for your comments. :)

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

Melissa_Armstrong

Thank you Vy :)

I am so very happy that you like the overall site. I too very much enjoy the poker chips as project links. I hope to incorporate more things as time goes on but I am happy with the intial project. :)

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think your design has a lot of gambling/Reno details to it, which is really cool. It's those little details that make designs work well. The only part that doesn't "belong" is the colors chosen for framing the content area and your name. I think it would match the design better to pull some more vibrant colors from the Reno skyline to use as a frame and black text to pop off the vibrant color.
Kristine Toward

zelouzelou

Post by zelouzelou »

Hey Melissa,
Great job on your site! I think the reno/gambling idea is fun! I especially like the poker chips on your projects page.
I just have a few suggestions for the body copy on your homepage:
-If you left align or right align all of the text without indentations, it could create a cleaner look.
-You have some margin space above and below your paragraph, but not as much to the left and right sides of the paragraph. If you add more space to the left and the right so that the margins are almost the same all around, it should create kind of like a frame around your words that will give it more visual emphasis.

What kind of dog is Krull the Warrior King? :)
Kathyleen Bullard