Project 1 Complete

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Lundholm

Re: Project 1 Complete

Post by Lundholm »

That's in the works... I'm actually planning on adding several new features throughout the semester.
- Nathan Lundholm

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Lookin' good... though I think I agree with everybody on the nav links. But I think the problem isn't the font, it's that they are squished together. If you give yourself a bit more space to work with, you can give them each a little more space, and more importantly increase the font size a touch. I think that might fix the problems you're having there. Other than that, lookin' good.

And you're making me want to add server side scripting features to my site, just because you've got them too. I also programmed my site in PHP... but mostly just because I wanted to, not because of any particular functionality I wanted. I'll have to figure something out so I can compete. :P
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

To me, there's a bit too much gray in your website. Maybe you want it that way, but from text box, to the box around the title to the nagivation box are all different shades of gray, which I think it different but maybe you can change the background color to some non-gray. Also, the font youin the navigation area is a bit uncomfortable to read, maybe it's because of the italic or the letters are too close together, but I do like the flipping of the text rollovers. nice work.
Vy Tat...

mminten

Post by mminten »

I agree with the lighter gray for the boxes. I also think that flipping the link text makes it harder to read and feels a little clunky. The image of yourself just seems to float there and I think the car image is enough.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think you overall design is good, but I'm not a fan of the type face used in you header and links. It's difficult to read, especially against the dark grey text boxes. I would suggest playing with different type faces, or tracking and kerning, and probably lightening the text boxes a tad.
Kristine Toward

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

I like the website. The design is good. I think the type on the navigation is a little scrunched and hard to read, then when you rollover them they flip which makes it a little hard. Overall the website is good and well done. Good job.
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"