Project 1 - Matthew Minten

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
mminten

Project 1 - Matthew Minten

Post by mminten »

Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

miss_kristine

Re: Project 1 - Matthew Minten

Post by miss_kristine »

Looks great. I think the gradient background compliments the photo background nicely. I also like your use of textures with the woodgrain. The one thing I think you should add is a link to the TMCC website via the TMCC logo.
Kristine Toward

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

even though I've already commented on the other threads I'll just restate that I really like your technique on the wood grain. I dont know if you noticed that the "CC" in TMCC is a different color?
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I also like the wood grain texture in the design. I did as well notice that the cc in tmcc is an off color to the rest of the logo. not too noticeable but its there. Otherwise good job.
Kyle Smith

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Looks awesome. I really enjoy the type face you chose for your name and buttons. The layout of your homepage flows well.

Tina Bodden
~Tina Bodden~

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

It's awesome! Love it! The background and the text positioning work well together!
One thought: it does feel like I'm out walking, there's all this rustic wood, and I happen to find a dry erase board sitting there. The appearance of what looks like a dry erase board seems out of place. But if you continued the grain of the wood in that part of the design, it might tend to swallow up text, I'm not sure.
Overall, it works together nicely. Did you try a version with the wood going all the way through and see if it swallows the text? If it doesn't, it might be an interesting look.
But what you have here is already awesome.
- Nathan Lundholm

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

It looks good. I don't know what you could change.

One small little thing, on the contact page, perhaps indent the lines below the name to match.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

I too really like the gradient (and the glow/shadow as well). My only real suggestion is to play with your body link formatting a bit. The base blue/purple thing rarely turns out looking as good as something you choose purposefully IMO. Also, have you thought of using a texture in the background of the body? Everything else has these great textures and stuff going on (even your background color).... so the body feels kind of.... dead.... to me, anyway. It doesn't need anything flashy mind you... just... something. Dunno. Oh, I also agree about lining up your content on the Contact page, and the color issue in TMCC. Overall though, I like where it's going. :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

I like your use of gradient in the background, I like the drop shadow or the outer glow of the site, I like the rollover effects, and the navigation. I don't know if there' s anything you'd want to change since it's fine the way it is, but if you want to make it a bit more realistic, you can maybe make the wood piece with your name on the top left and the text box to follow the sun light, like the background picture.
Vy Tat...

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

I like the website. The theme is good. I think I would have added a shadow to the board to make it more a part of the overall background. The website is great. Good job.
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"