Preliminary Critique for Project#3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
papasmurf124

Re: Preliminary Critique for Project#3

Post by papasmurf124 »

I like Rough 1. It is direct. Rough 2 would take to long I still like the 3 click rule. Your final will look amazing I'm sure.
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

The top one is very engaging, and showcases the college very well. I love the picture in the background! I would make the content box more transparent so that the picture can be seen.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your first design in the aspect of interest and looking clean. I think if you find a good way to have the pages laid out instead of just the white box with body copy it could really become a cool site. Nice work!
Mark Sinnott

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I really enjoy the navigation on your first layout. The white block your body of text is on in the sub page i think should either be moved or see through. your background image is only showing a full parking lot and none of the school.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooh, looks like you've got two good one's here. I say go with the one that has the full page background image. It's more visually interesting.

Then again, I'm always a sucker for full page backgrounds, but in this case it really works. I like how the design is kind of vertical. Usually I'm not a fan of vertical designs, but here it works. I also like the typeface you chose. It adds an interesting element of character to the design. The navigation is well places and easily read/used. The content area is large for whatever layout may be forthcoming. I even like the use of white accent lines throughout.

You might want to change up that background image on the inner pages and let the logo, navigation and content placement be the unifying elements. You could use those other background the reinforce the other page's content. Don't forget some illustrative images in your inner page content too, like you have on your second design.

Excellent work. It should be pretty straightforward to build as well.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The second concept all the way. The font choice is very good, but it could be interesting to have a secondary font for the header. I like the < hr > break design with TMCCs mountain toward the left. It's unique and I like it. The color pallet is great too. Not much wrong with it.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

I think the second layouts are more professional-looking and the use of images is more appropriate. They are very similar to the current pages, so that may be an issue, as far as the project's aim.