Project3 preliminary work

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
sierra_style

Re: Project3 preliminary work

Post by sierra_style »

I like your second layout more. I dunno how I feel about the shapes in the nav bar, not sure if they're needed. Or if theres something else that would look good there instead of them. Looking good though!
Mark Sinnott

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

Your second layout is more visually interesting for sure. I think you could find a better font to go with that layout. Something a little more boxy like the shapes on your page.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I really like the second rough: the graphic you created on the bottom is very nice. It is interesting look at! I would try to get rid of the black box behind the text and see if it works.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmm. Now that is a fascinating second design. Go with that one!

The website's like a puzzle and each page is a piece. Pretty neat! It's a great area to collage many photos into. I like that the navigation buttons are little puzzle pieces so you can match the piece to the page you want to go to. The navigation is also decently large and easy to use. The colorscheme and typography work well with the geometric shape. I'm curious to see it in action.

I'm not a fan of the text box just kind of plopped on top of everything. I'd make one of the cuts in each of your shapes vertical and put the type in there. Also, watch your margins on the type. Maybe play with a subtle drop shadows to give it just a touch more depth. Maybe have the other images in grayscale on a particular page to have something going on in your "unused" shapes.

Good work, sir!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I very much enjoy the design of the second concept, blocky as it may be, I think it's done well, contemporary even. White is hard to read off a black background, however, so lowering the contrast between them would help.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

Both designs are so unique and well laid out, I cannot decide. As a clerical person, the file folders are close to my heart, but the random geometrics make my brain work out. Perhaps more color on the second one would make it even more interesting..?