Project one Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
agostina_renau

Re: Project one Final

Post by agostina_renau »

hello!
I like that even though the page is monochromatic, it is still easy to move my eyes around because of all the different shapes!
Agostina From Argentina

kj923

Post by kj923 »

:) Nice work!
-Kaitlyn Johnson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice pattern work, Tandy!

You've got a strong background image here. One that immediately establishes visual interest and starts the eye moving from the top to the bottom. That enables you to run a clean layout over the top of them and not have to worry too much. Your logo is fantastic. I love the use of the typewriter key font. It gives you a classic feel. In fact, you have good type choices all around. The script works great as a title and the near-typewriter serif type makes for good bodycopy. The semi-transparent white box behind your content works well with the aspen background. Good margin throughout. I even think the tight margin above and below your logo works and you'll NEVER catch me saying that about thin margins.

I'm not sure you needed to change your design quite so radically between the mobile and the computer versions. I don't think it needed the red background or the extra black frames around the white boxes. I think the forest and white boxes would have worked just fine. Also, I think the project link buttons on your mobile design could have been bigger. The baseline is off on the project link numbers on your computer home page. The "2" is noticeably lower than the "1" or the "3". The left edge of the bodycopy on your computer version should have matched up with the left edge of "Creative Media Design"

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Hey Tandy, I really like your designs! The logo is great, I do think maybe the background on the web version is a bit busy but overall good job!!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Awesome background photo. I think you would bring your website a cleaner look if you cropped the image into that white rectangular spot and keep your background white (that would create a less busy image in the foreground). This will also help with the TMCC logo not having to be in a big white square. Just a thought.
Jason Alavez

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The images and the transparencies are very textured and interesting! The social media navigation spacing is the only weird thing to me.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love the changes you made to your layout. The transparent background is such a nice touch on the mobile design - I wish you had it on the computer design as well. Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Tandy,
I love your layouts. Its nice to look at!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

Love both of these. I love the added color.