Project 2 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 Prelim

Post by Instructor »

You know, I'm amazed an author that's THIS famous has a website that's THIS bad. I mean she can afford to have a good one made at this point, so why does this thing still exist? The world may never know.

I like "web-2.jpg" myself. The layout reminds me of TV graphics for some reason. Like it's a news story about her or something. This thing is a textbook example of visual texture. You've used no actual textures, just gradients and semi-transparent shapes to create a tremendously visually interesting layout. One that translates easily to mobile. Not an easy feat. And let's not forget the colors! They're perfectly selected and create a great fall mood for the website. Because they're split complimentary, they inevitably work well together especially in that smooth gradiated transition in the background. That's such a nice canvas to set all of your little shapes against. Great use of margins throughout your design. The type is really well selected. I especially like the book cover style title with her first name in bold and her last name in a regular font. And the title surrounds her image. Nice. Your navigation is easy to see and use too. I especially like it's little trick of sticking out the button/tab of the page you're on like a bookmark. A nice subtle visual nod to the fact that she's an author.

Make sure the right edge of your title matches the right edge of her picture on your home pages. Otherwise, these are great.

Well done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I too love the second one! It's so pretty. I love the colors you chose and the layout is super clean and user friendly. You rock!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I really like the colors you used but I would have like to see a different color route for the second set of layouts just so it could be different. I'm appalled that her website was that bad. You did a good job using the colors to create texture rather than using actual images. I like the second set since its more about her rather then the hunger games.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

Aplzskins

Post by Aplzskins »

I love what you did on both layouts. Much better than the original website. The original is hard to decipher and navigate.
I like the first concept, personally. From a sales stand-point, it show cases the product before the person. I think that's a personal taste.
Overall, the second one focuses more on the person, which is probably more interesting across the board. I like what you did with both. My favorite part of each concept is your choice of colors. It really pops and makes it very intriguing.
-April Skinner

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then, when you know better, do better.” —Maya Angelou

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

The original website is so sad.
But you brought it to life!!
I always imagine a website with a black background, but you have showed me that colors are fun. I really like the group of oranges!
Agostina From Argentina

Tickosity

Post by Tickosity »

I really like your second designs more. They feel more like a professional site and it puts her forward and I can tell exactly who the site is for.
Latham Furman

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Love both layouts, I think you nailed it with content, imagery and type. I don't know if that orange color scheme is best, a little much on the Fall sense. I don't know, think about it :)
Jason Alavez

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

I saw this sight and thought there should had been a lot more. You have great content for the layout.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

I really like the 1st design. It reminds me of a movie poster. Good luck!
Jaime Ramey

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like both color schemes and fonts. tough choice. I think I like the mockingbird book cover better than the photo of the author, emphasizing the books over the author's image. I like to see what the book cover on the 02 design looks like. Great job.
Clara Lawson