PROJECT 3 ROUGHS-Agostina

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
matt

Re: PROJECT 3 ROUGHS-Agostina

Post by matt »

uhh I like the yellow layout.
It looks like it would transfer to mobile easily and everything is well organized.
would change the color to tmcc green at the end bc of the project being on tmcc but you have to look at it while making it so..
phone rings:
green green green...
yellow
click
green green green..
yellow.......?!!!!!???
click
green green green
YELLOW!!!!!????
orange you glad I didn't say green
Matty James

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

Hey lady! I'm liking the red/magenta one better. Yellow is so harsh on the eyes on a screen and hard to navigate. The layout of the red one is really nice too! Well done!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I really like your yellow concept and the idea of having those filled in boxes of text placed everywhere.
Kind of reminds me of like?? a ransom note but Educational.
I would recommend making the concept page a little more like the pink design.

Nice job so far!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the yellow one! It is really clean and easy to navigate.
Yuri Aoki

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your yellow design better. It looks like you've run a highlighter over it.

That first design uses contrast well. I like the black footer and top text working as framing devices. Your typography is well chosen. The sans-serif font looks good in bold, medium, and outline form. Good use of justification on the bodycopy. It turns it from type into another design element. I also like how your headline overlaps the main image and changes background color depending on if you are in the mobile or computer versions of your site. The multi column layout is a good choice for the inner pages. It's automatically pretty balanced and gives you a nice large area to put images of projects, or students working, or imagery that reinforces what the text is saying. Good use of margins throughout the design. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I don't think you need the white bodycopy background box or your semi-transparent navigation backer. They yellow is sufficiently bright enough that the bodycopy and nav buttons will show just fine. I'd also separate the taglines on your computer version a bit, maybe two lines, like on your mobile version. Right now it reads "Your Truckee Future Meadows Starts Community Here. College.".

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I like your yellow designs best!! They feel super clean and fun!
-Kaitlyn Johnson