Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
clawson

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by clawson »

All your designs are great and would work. The home01 and 03 look more unique to me and therefore I think they would be better. I like the one color of o1, but I like the 03 design with the colored bar at the top and the better readability of the word "Graphic" Good job
Clara Lawson

matt

Post by matt »

I'm drawn to both- but I do prefer the 2nd design. It just feels more visually appealing than the other. I like how you used type in the title area to take an otherwise kind of boring typeface and create texture and visual interest. Only thing I would change is the navigation could be laid out a little more clearly. But that's just minor stuff. Great job!
Matty James

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love the second design. The blue is so pleasing and the use of typography is awesome!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your first design the best. The second seems a little too chaotic for me. The first is nice and organized.

You've somehow managed to make the TMCC colors look ... good? Quite a feat in and of itself. I especially like the use of the awful lime/olive as a cobntent highlight color to draw the eye to the main content of each page. I wanted to hate the weird sketchy font you used for your headlines, but it works. It adds a little bit of fun to a nice clean design. I also like your GAMT logo. It plays well with TMCC's questionable logo and shows a bit of what students will be doing in the program. You make good use of contrast so your site is easy to pull information from. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Nice choice with the imagery as well. It illustrates what students will be doing in our classes and the kind of work we expect of them.

I don't know that your bodycopy needs to be quite that bold. I think the lime/olive block does a good enough job of attracting the eye all on it's own. I'd probably bump it up a size or two on your mobile layout in order to be legible.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the first set of your design! The colors are really nice and it is really clean! I also like some of the poster have Japanese ;)
Yuri Aoki

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I like your first design. It is easier to follow. Neat and clean.

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I really like the designs with the TMCC green! You made it work really well and I'm excited to see how you execute the final!
-Kaitlyn Johnson