project 3 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Jones

Re: project 3 prelim

Post by Jones »

The second design is my personal fav. It is interesting and keeps the info flow well organized. The first has too much green for me to want to navigate the whole thing, though the design and layout is great. I also like what you did with the Wizard. He looks stoked on life. Perhaps change the background color to compliment the green? If you choose the first.

Noice work.

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Your second design is so nice!! I love how the shapes gives it sort of a depth because they're just flying out of everywhere. Only thing I would say is that you should take off the drop shadow on the degree titles such as "Certificate of Achievement" etc. The type is just very small. Nice job!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

you should turn the dancing wizard into a GIF. the green is very strong. Idk if that's a good thing. very interesting no doubt.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the first one. I like the colors and the TMCC mascot!
Yuri Aoki

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Your fist one stands out to me. You used a not-TMCC green, which means it actually looks good, and Wizard is just havin too much fun. I mean he's waving his hands in the air like he just don't care. Go with that one.

You've got good contrast going with the type and the green background color. Your collegiate headline and button font is working well, as is your serif bodycopy. They're easy to read and immediately establish a visual hierarchy. I'm not usually a fan of outlined type, but it works well here. As previously mentioned, Wizard is a real highlight. He catches the eye and provides a fun, welcoming spirit to the design. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Good use of margins throughout the composition. I also like the theater spotlights on the mobile design. That adds a background texture and visually pushes the eye to the top of the composition.

I don't know that you need so many lighter green boxes. I think if you went with a light green for your headline/button color (while still keeping the black outline), you could yoink all of the pale green boxes and not loose a thing. I'd also recommend adding some imagery to your inner page. Images of either cool designs, students doing design work, or images that reinforce what you are saying in the text, or some combination of those. Maybe see what your computer design looks like with the theater spotlights from your mobile design.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

WOW!! Your second design is incredible!! Please go with that one!!

and also WOW that green is quite somethin to look at lol! The design is great though!! But not so much that color
-Kaitlyn Johnson