Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Stasiavous

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by Stasiavous »

GREEN!!!! The other ones hurt my eyes, but they are super cool. You da bes.
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

matt

Post by matt »

i like these designs. great concept. I'd go with the green. I really like the open feel to it tho, looks good!
Matty James

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like these, a lot... but am torn on the color choices. The colors are certainly eye catching and different. They are a statement for sure. The more I looked at the images the more ok it got. The images are great. They convey an appropriate message quickly and are interesting. The placement of text is good, balanced and flows. Very interesting indeed. Well done!

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I love your first designs! I think the green monotone can be a little too overpowering so maybe try toning it down so its not as bright? Or perhaps adding another element to balance it out instead of having the whole layout be the image (Although that's what I like most about it) I really look forward to seeing your live website!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the first one better. The second one is little too much(the color) I think.
Yuri Aoki

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice! You've got two good designs here. Nicely done, Jason.

God help me, but I actually like the green one better? I think it's the contrast provided by the duotone background images. The images are well chosen and provide a great visual texture. Plus they illustrate what students will be doing in the program (stressing out over computers and sketchpads). You've got some good typography there as well. I like your choice of sans-serif font. It's a little different than the usual Arial/Helvetica/Gotham that you see everywhere. Your bodycopy is just bold enough to be nicely visible against your background images without it looking like you are shouting at us. Your navigation is easy to see and use. The TMCC logo is well placed and works nicely as a little balancer/framing device. I also like how minimally it shifts for the mobile design. That should save you some construction headaches. Good margins throughout your design, as well.

I'd add just a bit of leading between the button in your navigation so they clearly separate. Probably worth tossing a point or two between your bodycopy lines as well.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

WOW! your bright colors feel a bit overpowering to my eye, especially with my screen brightness all the way up, BUT!! I like it at the same time! It looks super cool and works well with your typography and layout!! Maybe try playing with the color opacity?? IDK but I like it over all
-Kaitlyn Johnson