project 3 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: project 3 prelim

Post by Instructor »

I like your second design. I think it's the background image. It really grounds the site and provides a nice visual texture to play off of.

Your GAMT logo is very strong. It gives a great feeling of creativity and starts the website off right. Your layout provides a good platform to deliver information and can be spruced up or simplified as the design requires. Your navigation is easy to see and use and well placed. I like your color choices as well. Maroon and gray works well with the maroons, grays, greens, and tans in the background image. Good use of common elements on your home and inner pages. I like that the navigation and top bar don't really change from page to page. I was all set to really hate your serif typeface, but it works here. It nicely calls back to the logo and provides a traditional feel to your design. An interesting choice!

I'd recommend using the same serif type you use on your GAMT logo as your serif type for the website. I don't think you need to shorten up the image for your inner pages. I think your inner pages would work just fine with the image as a full sized background as you have it on the home page. If it's full sized you might be able to ditch the semi transparent box behind your header. There's probably enough contrast that some dark type would show up against the night sky. Watch your margins on your semi-transparent content box, your type is coming awfully close to the edges of your box (it's touching it on the inner pages). I don't know that your content areas need such a thick dark border around them. Also, center your text in your buttons so it looks more balanced.

Good effort! I like where you are going here.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I like your second design but the colors seem way too heavy and dull. I would try messing with different colors, or maybe just trying different tints of the ones you are currently using.
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like both but I think the second one better. I like the colors!
Yuri Aoki

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Awesome layouts and design concepts! Have you tried incorporating the TMCC color green? It could work really well with what've you've got!
-Kaitlyn Johnson

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

the second set is easier on the eyes. I think the colors could use some brightening.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"