Project one preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
hmayooo

Re: Project one preliminary

Post by hmayooo »

I think your rough2 designs are definitely the stronger design! The colors are really nice together and I like the layout. I think you could make the TMCC logo a little smaller because right now it kind of makes it look like a TMCC website instead of your own.
~Hayley Mayo~

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project one preliminary

Post by Instructor »

I like your second design best, Mika. It gives off such a warm and sunny feeling.

The background gradient looks like an ocean sky and it makes me think of fresh air. A great choice for background color. It immediately establishes a feeling and tone for your whole design. I like the white header and footer, too. They frame your composition nicely. The whole layout is really easy to move the eye through. Nice use of margin as well everything has room to breathe without necessarily fragmenting. Your type choice works well too. It's bright and airy which works well with your open sky design. I like your sunflower photos too. They're very "on theme" for this website, bringing lightness and joy throughout your composition and serve as great text markers.

I'd add a little more left margin between the logo and the rest of the header. I also don't think you need the white boxes behind your type. Your gradient is light enough that your type should be readable on it. Just use your flower images as "paragraph markers" and you should be good to go. I also don't think you need colored buttons on your white header either. Your link text will show just fine against that white background, no problem.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173