project one prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: project one prelim

Post by Instructor »

Nicely done, Juan. I like what I see here, especially your first one. The blue text in your post does active harm to my eyes and central nervous system, but we are not here to critique the layout of your post, are we?

Your first design has a lot of visually interesting things going on in it. I especially like the interplay between your circuit background image and the circuitry in your logo. I like the use of transparency all through your design as well. Your header and footer make good framing devices for your central content. Good use of margins all over the thing. All your objects have good room to breathe. My favorite bit of margin though is the negative margin on the TMCC logo. Breaking it out of the footer was a genius move that adds a fun bit of visual interest to what's usually a boring part of most designs. Your navigation is big and easy to see and use. I like your typography choices too. Your type looks almost like it's part of the circuit board.

Don't just crunch the circuitry background for your mobile design. That looks weird. Either use a corner of the image or the middle for the mobile design or find a more vertical version of your circuitry background for your mobile version. I'd also recommend vertically expanding your buttons a bit so they expand beyond the edges of your top swoop like your TMCC logo does on the bottom. I think it would add a bit of extra visual interest.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

Both of these are really nice. Between the two I really like the "second attempt" version best - but maybe just because it's a bit more interesting to look at than just the foresty version. However, I do like the colors that the Forest version bring, and I like the layout of your logo and buttons in this one.

In both designs, the white text feels a little out of place to me. I think both designs may benefit from implementing another color choice instead - perhaps something light pulled from the backgrounds?
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

Sugar_/\ppul

Post by Sugar_/\ppul »

Yo yo Juan, how's it crackin' my dude??? Nice designs you have here. The whole cyber theme you got goin on I think really fits who you are. Very technical and it has blue! When I think of blue I think of you UwU.
~ Jessie Alanis :)