Project One Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Mal-Festio

Re: Project One Preliminary Critique

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Arisa,

I like the variety of ideas you have for your designs. The first is like a collage; I see it as animals traveling through time. The second one is very illustrative. I really like what you choose as fonts. I think those fonts look best with your second design. I think you should make your body copy larger; it's hard to read because of how small it is.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Arisa,
I really love your second website design because the brown and blues you chose really balance each other out! There is just enough happening in this design to make it interesting, but not too busy. Maybe changing the font for your name would make it a littler easier to read. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Arisa,
I really like the ocean theme! The whole design is very eye appealing. The navigation bar is very easy to look at and read. I also think you did a great job creating the ocean! As for things I would change, I would darken the boxes of the projects because it is hard to read them, and I would find a new place for the "Majoring Graphic Design..." because it is hard to see on the waves. The Arise Koike font I think would look really nice as a Hello Sunshine font or a California Sun font. Great job, I am looking forward to seeing the final result! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hello Arisa!

I love the colors and elements you put in your design because there’s a lot of variation. If you go with that one, I recommend increasing the opacity of your background panels of the text a bit more to make your name and text easier to read. The second one is a bit easier to read and feels more cohesive. I think the colors also work a bit better as well in this one and your illustration looks great.

Good job and can’t wait to see your final designs!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hi Arisa,

I like your second design! It has a nice balance and has nice tints. I do think the black right on top of the sand is a little hard to read, maybe adding an overlay color on top of your imagery can help? Great job!
angela_gutierrezgapuz

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Arisa!

I think your second design is the strongest. I feel like the first one has too much going on but the second one is really refreshing. For the body type, I would change the font to something light and not so thick so it is easier to read. I would also make things different colors as everything except the background is black 8-)
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Arisa,
I love your dream concept design, but it is a little hard to read. I think I would go for your awesome ocean design! Right now I feel like the font for your name doesn't really fit the rest of your website so i would experiment with a different fonts for your name. On the desktop version, the body copy looks a little too small and it is a little hard to read. I think it's just a size problem though. Very good job! excited to see your final design.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kelsey_Reynolds

Post by Kelsey_Reynolds »

Hi Arisa! Both of your designs are really unique looking, though i feel the first one is a bit too busy, the text is a bit difficult to read, You could try lightening the boxes behind the text to make it a little easier and slightly less busy, and make sure to avoid having your text going over dark spots in your background. Otherwise, the stylization is excellent, very pleasing to the eyes!

MatthewCS

Post by MatthewCS »

I Arisa,
I like the concept of you making your websites based on your dreams, If I had to chose one concept it would be your second one with the ocean shore. It looks like you illustrated the ocean shore and it looks really good and realistic. I think it's a clever idea to have the ocean shore sort of move the eye up as you're looking at the design. You should switch the colors of the borders with the files to black and have the text white instead so that it makes them easier to read.
Overall, it's a awesome job Arisa and I'm really interested into seeing the final design.
If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl,
but by all means, keep moving.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matthew Cortes-Segura