project 01 preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
comicsansfanclub

Re: project 01 preliminary

Post by comicsansfanclub »

hi Olivia,
Your first design is so cool! Your second design is super cool too, but that first design is so eye-catching. I love all of the colors and visuals that you added. It's so fun and easy to visually navigate. ALSOOO the emoticons are awesome! Since it's so colorful, I think that the only thing that I would experiment with would be with the color of your type to give your design a little more contrast. I'm super excited about your final design!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Olivia,
The retro color schemes you chose are so fun, and draws my eye straight to your websites. I think I prefer your first website because it’s a little easier to parse through, since it has less stratifications. I think that if you made the text background a little darker it would be easier to read. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Olivia,
I really like both of these designs because on one hand there are some drop shadows and gradients that help things pop off the page and stand out and has a really cute look and feel to it, and on the other it has more of a flat design feel with solid, nice bright colors that work well together. I think everything looks good in the first layout, but on the second I would maybe rethink adding in that purple color for all of your text, I like the color pallet of the yellow, pink, turquoise, and blue and think adding in another color such as that purple is unnecessary and not completely complimenting the other colors. I do like that it is a darker shade so that the text can still be seen and read but I would change it to a darker shade of the current blue-ish color you are already using.
JacklynYamine

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Olivia,
The first layout looks great! I think the colors look really good together, and I like the fonts you used. The layout is awesome! I used to play an old video game that looked like this, so very cool to see you design this. If I were to change anything, I would make the orange box darker, or I would change the white font to black or gray, so people could read it a bit better. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Olivia!

Your layout is super fun and cute and I love the colors and gradients you used in the first design.

The second one is just as fun and the colors and texture are really aesthetically pleasing. I think both design have a lot of potential. For the second design, specifically for the mobile version, I think you could possibly make the font a bit smaller and make the box a bit smaller just to give your text more margin. It just feels like the purple font is hitting the blue curves a bit too close.

Otherwise, looks great!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hey Olivia,

I like your second design! It's a really nice theme with sweet and interesting color combos. I think your type is a little too close to the right side of your website composition (2nd layout). I like your elements and your imagery and type combo and I can't wait to see what's next!
angela_gutierrezgapuz

Kelsey_Reynolds

Post by Kelsey_Reynolds »

Hi Olivia! These designs are awesome! I absolutely adore the color schemes of both, but i especially love the first design option, i love the cakes and the really cute aesthetic you did! I attempted something similar with my design as well, so i gotta say i appreciate the taste in style ;)