Project One Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Kassandra

Re: Project One Prelim

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Mai,
These are great! I'm loving the gradients on these website designs. The only thing I would suggest changing is the color of the class information. The grey is a little hard to read.
Kassandra Fuentes

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Mai,
Very cool designs. I'm actually having a hard time choosing between your two designs, but I'm leaning toward your magenta design the most. I like how you added your personal logo on them because it gives your professional looking website design a very personalized look. I think that all looks good, but I think that you should play around with the size of the font on the paragraph about yourself because right now it's a little hard to read. Maybe you could even experiment with a bolder font and see how it looks? Overall great job! looking forward to seeing the final result!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Mai,
Nice website designs, I like the contrast of the white texts on the darker backgrounds! I prefer your purple website because of the negative circle spaces, it adds a nice touch. Maybe making the gradient less white, so that the text stands out even more, would make it more eye-catching. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Mai,
Very nice designs! I like the purple/pinkish layout more because it is easier to follow. I love the navigation bar here, and I really like the bubbles flowing up. The use of typography is very good! I would make the gradient a bit smaller, so the purple shows through more. I would also bring the line down more because it seems of place where it is. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Mai Vo!

(First off, I love Bon Appetit and I also love the idea of combining the culinary world with graphic design! I imagine my dream job would combine those two somehow haha but not sure what that would look like).

Anyways, your designs are very clean and straightforward! There’s minimal, but effective, design elements you’re using that’s really helping to create movement in your layout. I really enjoy the color you used as well and the gradients are very aesthetically pleasing. The only thing that I would suggest would to change the font of your links to match the font you’re using for your name, just to help make your layout feel cohesive. Also, if you decide to go with a black background I would change the font color of the class details at the bottom of your page as it’s getting a bit lost in the background. Other than that it, your design looks great and I’m sure your finalized design will be awesome!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Mai!

I agree with the people saying to go with the magenta website. I think it was your strongest of the two. I would play with the type face and the colors, maybe make the magenta background stronger. I would also play with the body type because it is hard to read and also change the formatting of the paragraph so it fits better on the page. :P
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ