Project One Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project One Prelim

Post by Instructor »

Alright Angela, now you've done it. Blue is my favorite color and usually I favor blue designs, but somehow, SOMEHOW, you've made me like the warm orange-brown design better. What did you do?

But seriously, I DO like the warm one better. The reds, browns, and tans look like old wood. Makes the entire thing feel like an inlaid wood table with a lot of patina. I especially like the inlay effect you did with your logo. It helps sell the whole feel. the rustic inly feel works well with your imagery, too. Great picture choice, BTW. It really brings out a kind of gentle coffee house feel. I can almost hear it looking at that image. The whole thing has a rustic, welcoming feel that brings me in and makes me feel welcome. Your serif type helps with that also. It looks like your two fonts are agreeing nicely with each other. Your navigation is easy to see and use and is well placed. I also like the strips to the left of the image on your computer version. Like the kind of detail a dresser might have.

I'd recommend enlarging your bodycopy and it's container on your mobile version. It's super tiny. The black TMCC logo and social media are a little jarring, maybe try them in a dark brown instead.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Angela,

You have some solid layouts. I am very into the two color schemes you made for both of them, but I like the second one the most; it feels very inviting. It would help if you made the text on the body copy and "GRC 175.." larger. It's hard to read because of how small it is.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Angela,
These both look great! However, I like the orangish layout more because when I read a book, I like to sit by the fire, and that's what this layout reminds me of. The color choices are amazing! The typography is great, and I love how you included your logo in your website. I would make the body text a bit bigger, and I would bring the GRC 175 tab down and put the TMCC logo on it, so the logo stands out more. Great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Angela!

Both of your designs are very clean and minimal, but the background image really helps to create depth. The colors are also really nice and calming. If you go with the red-ish design, the only recommendation I have would be to change the font color of “Graphic Design,” as it’s getting a bit lost in your background.

Good job!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Angela,
I really like the logo you created, it fits perfectly in your designs! I think I prefer your second, orange design because it feels more warm and inviting. The only thing I would change is to make your font a little bigger, so that it is more legible and so that it fills some of the empty space. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Angela,
You have some very calming designs and I really like both of your layouts. They make me want to go to study at a coffee shop! I'm really liking the design with the warm colors the best. I would just increase the size of the type on your body copy to make it easier to read. Great job!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Angela!

OMG I am in LOVE with both of your designs!!!! I am torn because I love the cool one because I love Blue but the warm one is making me feel something :shock: I would choose the warm one if it was me. I honestly have no idea what you need to change because you did really great, truly! :D
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Kelsey_Reynolds

Post by Kelsey_Reynolds »

Hi Angela! Your designs and very clean and professional looking. The font is a nice choice, easy to read and straight to the point. one suggestion I could say is don't be afraid to spice up your design a little bit, as I feel its a tiny bit generic, but it's otherwise a really nice design and the colors are on point :D