project 1 prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Re: project 1 prelim

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Crysta,
These look great! I like the neon one more. I think the colors look great together, the paint splatters give it a graffiti vibe, and the neon font is awesome! It really reminds me of a retro restaurant. I think the body copy looks a bit crowded, so I would try to give it more room, and I think there is a lot of negative space. I did a neon theme for something last semester, and I found it was hard to fill in the negative space, so I added some neon lines, and I found a font that has a finger piece sign, which filled in space perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing your final layout, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Crysta,
These are some very cool and very unique designs. I would go with the second layout because I think that neon sign aspect is so cool and is just working better together at the moment than the black and white swirls with the bright yellow. The one thing I would think more about is all that space you have to the right of the page. I know we like to let things breath and what not and have a good amount of negative and positive space, but I think you have almost too much space here and would think about either expanding your bio or putting the Projects over there and really exaggerate the length of the arrow, or have the arrow point to something else.
JacklynYamine

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Crysta!

Your designs are incredibly fun and have so much movement and energy without compromising readability or legibility of your font too much and it’s freakin great! I really like both of them, but the second one is just a smidge stronger just because the colors and overall aesthetic feels more easy on the eyes. I think the only think I would do would be to move the class info and TMCC logo at the bottom of your designs, as it just feels like secondary information compared to your info paragraph.
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hello Crysta!

These are both some really cool designs. Personally, I'm leaning towards your first rough. It's very eye-catching and chaotic and I love that. Your type also looks really good. My only comment is I'm not too sure about the placement of your text. The bottom right feels very crowded. Maybe switching the GRC 175 text with your body text + email would work better? Great work! Can't wait to see your final!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

MatthewCS

Post by MatthewCS »

Hey Crysta,
Both of your concepts are really cool, I really like your second design the most though. The neon lights theme looks really cool, I think your background compliments the neon signs well and it reminds me of the city lights in downtown Reno. For your biography paragraph, I think you should put a black border behind your paragraph and set the opacity low just a bit so that it you'r able to see the background and so it brings out the text a bit more.
If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl,
but by all means, keep moving.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matthew Cortes-Segura

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Crysta!

I really like your first design! It almost reminds me of Cartoon Network or something I would see as a poster! It is very creative, strong, as a good typeface and colors. The layout of your body type could be different, that way there is not a lot of negative space on the right if you end up not finding something to put there. But other than that, I loved it! :D
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Crysta,
Wow these are such fun designs! I love them both and I think that you could go for either one and they would look amazing! I do think that there is too much body copy and that it's a little too small, but other than that nice job! I'm excited to see what you do with your website!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧