Project 3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ItsAllisxn

Re: Project 3 Prelim

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Stephanie,

Wow, good working finding things from that original website to pull into your redesign. Your redesign is a lot easier to navigate. I'm personally a fan of the red when it comes to your two layouts. Although Ling's Cars website is chaotic, I think that's what gives the personalization. Although your website looks really good, I'm definitely missing that fun and playful charm here. If you're able to find some images of Ling that would work here that might make it seem more like that brand. I'm excited to see your final!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Stephanie,

I started off by looking at the original and oh my gosh my eyes hurt! It's so funny. You 100% made the website looks 10 times better. Both of your designs are very straight forward and easy to navigate. I would go for your first design. That red really stands out and draws you in. Very nice job. The only thing that I would perhaps experiment with would be all of the white space that you have. Maybe you can create a logo for the car company and put it as your background as a very faint image in low opacity. Excited to see what you do for the final.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Stephanie,
I think your first concept is working best. The image cut is pretty nice. Looking through Ling's, I do think Ling herself should be part of the imagery.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Oh my gosh Stephanie, this website is a lot to take in and I didn’t even focus on any of their products because everything was just grabbing my attention.

Which leads me to, I really like how minimal your designs are. They’re definitely a full 180 from what the original website is and I can navigate through them seamlessly. I do think some labeling and body copy would help inform your viewer on the company, what makes them special and credible, etc. I really enjoy how the red designs capture your attention and make you feel like, “Hey buy a car right now!” While the blue one is. like, “Let’s ease into this decision and learn as much as possible about these cars.” Both can be very powerful and strong, but it depends on what story you’re trying to frame in your site.

Otherwise, I think you’re going in a great direction!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."