Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ltrueworthy

Project One Final

Post by Ltrueworthy »

Hi everyone,
Here is my final layout for project one. I changed the font and made the astronaut guy the larger image instead of the TMCC logo. I think it looks nice and I am really happy with the colors.
Attachments
working_version_4_rev4-01.jpg
Lea Trueworthy

Ariesboxsye

Re: Project One Final

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Very spacey. Jokes aside, this is a very well done in my opinion, the space vibe is nice to see carried out through all elements of this layout, from the back ground to the font choice, even the imagery used. My only concern I can point out feels a bit nit picky but,two of the back ground buttons seemed to have a drop shadow placed on top of them, it could be image issues or not but I would go back and see if I can fix that.
~Names Aries Shelley~

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Your website it looking good, I like the Transparency you add to the back boxes. It makes it look a hole lot better compare to before. Other all I dont know what to tell you to improve one, maybe find a better spot for your contact information.
Kyler Rose

susielang

Post by susielang »

Very whimsical. Cool background. Like your theme and it has a 3d look to it. Great illustration. Easy to navigate.
Susie Lang

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

I think the transparency of the purple box behind your about section is a nice touch. Everything is overall working really well. The only thing I might change is to align the text above and below the astronaut to the top and bottom of the purple about rectangle. Also, maybe try making your headline left aligned?
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Lea,

Love the colors and the Layout, I would say make your contact info bigger its really hard to read.

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I agree I like your colors and your font choice. The bigger astronaut is nice too.
I think you definitely killed the space theme, great work. I may try to relocate
the the spaceship, its drawn quite well, although it seems out of place.

Overall, nice work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

It feels like one of those space exploration video games. The colors are nice and the layout makes it easy to read everything. good work.
bImage
Darian Potichny

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

This is adorable! Love the background, and the little astronaut. Great job :)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

What, no poll? :(

I'm still amused by astronaut dude. He seems so confusedly resigned. I'm glad you made him bigger. We all needed more of him. I also like your headline font. The Jetsons-style floating rings amuse me. Everything in your composition is so nicely placed. The astronaut balances your body copy. The brightening background image at the bottom balances the top bar. Your navigation is easy to see and use. You also use margin pretty darn effectively through the whole layout.

I think you needed one more fun space object in the left of your top bar to balance out the space shuttle. I'm also not sure your buttons needed drop shadows. I'm also not 100% sold on the purple boxes, though the semi-transparency really helps.

Great effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173