Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Stasiavous

Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post by Stasiavous »

Ok! I guess I'll be the first one to post. Rip the band aid off! :|

Here are my two designs. Version one was inspired by this website http://www.qotr.org/. I found it while doing research on google and I am always drawn to teal and black (GO SHARKS!) I love simple, clean lines, easy to navigate, designs and this one fit the bill. The second version was inspired by a web design template I found online (no website). I usually like bright and clean colors, but I liked the darker effect this one had. I definitely stepped outside of my box on this one.

Thank you in advance for your feedback! Be nice! :)
Attachments
grc-175-project-01-mobile-version-02.jpg
grc-175-project-01-mobile.jpg
grc-175-project-01-version2-saw.jpg
grc-175-project-01-saw.jpg
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

evexhouses

Re: Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post by evexhouses »

Hey Stacieeeee!!

I really love your designs!! They are super colorful and the hexagon shapes are a great addition to the page, it makes everything look very balanced and organized. The colors are also super bright and make the design look very professional. My favorite is the first one that showed me because I personally think it it is organized a bit better!

One suggestion I would make is maybe moving your name away from your head-shot so it looks less cluttered on your mobile versions. Other than that I absolutely love everything great job! :D :D
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Stacy,

I love your logo! It's very cool, I prefer the circle to the hexagon as it gives contrast from the background. The background pattern's color variation is very interesting and engaging. I agree with the previous comment, the headline needs adjusting. Nice job, congrats on your grandson :D
Dana Drakulich-King

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Staci!!

I love your second mobile design with the circle logo! The design is really nice and I love how the colors in the background aren't too overpowering! The only thing is that your paragraph looks kind of 'squished'.
With your desktop views, I love the effect of the lowered opacity on the (top and bottom) bars in the first one, but I like the organization of information on the second one more. Maybe you can mix and match ideas from both?? Other than that, luv it :D
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I love your color choices. I also really like the pattern you created! It is very colorful and interesting. I think the boxes around your body copy might be detracting from your beautiful design a little. I really like the version where the box around your body copy is less noticeable and a little transparent.

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Ugh with a side of Ugh.....haha.
Kidding!!! Tough crowd.

Both are great but I have to say that design two is my favorite. I like the transparent black edges that you added. I love you multi-colored background design, the photo you picked out and I can appreciate the clean lines. I would however play more with you alignments, and size of icons and fine print (they seem to take away from the design because they are too big, to me at least).

You're awesome Stac
Peace
Jason Alavez

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

First off I love how you used the personal logo project from 107 as your logo. I use that project for my weebly website. I totally forgot about using it for this project.

I like the second of your designs the best. I think the circle around your logo is so stylish. And I love the geometric shapes you added to the background and headers.

Overall really well done.

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

staci, I love the complement of simple type and simple layout with the fun colors from the background! Even though you incorporated your personal logo as an hexagon, I would stay with the round one to give it some variety.
Last edited by agostina_renau on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agostina From Argentina

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Hey Staci, looks great. I like the 4th one best. Your logo looks great. I also think that the shaded color choices for the web friendly design look a little better. i would go not as dark as the dark but not as lite as your lite. somewhere in the middle feels right. Thanks, once again this is great work.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey Staci!

These are great! I like the second mobile (with the white) and the last web design (with the overlapping pattern). I think getting rid of the black shapes will really open up your design and give it a more modern feeling, like on your mobile design. I do really like on the last web design, how you overlapped the hexagons over the boarders and stuff. I also like how the transparencies look over your patterned background. I agree with the others on spacing out your name a bit from your picture. Other than that I'd say don't be afraid to utilize all your space and I think this looks really good!
Starfish ✩ emily duke