Project 1 Prelim!!!

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
evexhouses

Project 1 Prelim!!!

Post by evexhouses »

For this project I started my research and I found two websites that I found super useful for beginning the design process. The first one here, didn't help so much with the layout but I really liked the color scheme and the simplicity they used so I incorporated that into one of my designs.
The second one here I thought was a super cool site! It was way too ambitious to create something like that so I used the geometric vector art style in a more simplistic way for my designs.
After I had finished both of my rough drafts, I found another website here that was pretty awesome as well so I decided to use that layout to redesign one of my other layouts so I thought I could just include that one just in case it turns out to be a favorite!
Attachments
website-draft-4.jpg
mobile-draft-1-02.jpg
mobile-draft-1.jpg
website_draft_2.jpg
mobile-draft-3.jpg
website-draft-3.jpg
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

Drakula

Re: Project 1 Prelim!!!

Post by Drakula »

Hello Evelyn,

I really liked all of your designs and the second website you posted was amazing. That being said, the second designs stood out to me the most. The juxtaposition between the logo and about body copy is very interesting and fresh. The last thumbnails were clear and very sweet, but not really engaging. Maybe less flowers or more flowers lol. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

Hey girl, hey!

I love both of your designs! I really like the way you made the transparent pullout for the mobile version. I wanted to do that, but couldn't envision how to do it for this critique! Awesome job!

I'm drawn to the second flowery version, but I think you could use waaaaay more fllowers to fill up the empty space in your design. Maybe tiny almost "dot like" flowers? :P
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

Hello Evelyn,

Your picture is adorable! Your color choices are sweet. I love the direction you are going. Though I don't know you it seems you are really trying to reflect your personality.

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

You're so talented and I'll remind you again when I see you!
Between version 2 and 4 I'm drawn to number two. The way the top layered shaped play with each other is pretty cool.
I really like how you would be making the menu pop out from the side, love it. The flower design is too flowery for me in regards to keep looking a bit more professionally advanced but that could just be me. You're super talented! You're awesome Evelyn! Peace
Jason Alavez

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Evelyn,
I love your second set of designs a lot!! Your use of color is so good and the little flowers are my favorite.
With the mobile designs I do like the rollout option better though, it makes it look less cluttered to me. The only other thing is on your logo, it looks like your last name is falling down whereas your first name is pointed more upward, save him pls.
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Hi Evelyn,
I really like the one with the geometric shapes in the background. I like the colorfullness (Is that even a word?) of it and I like the type you used. Overall all of them look like awesome designs. Keep up the good work.

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

Hi,

This layout is super organized in what I can see. Your color choices are soft and accent the content. The styled type of the headlines works with the overall body.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

hello Evelyn, both layouts look very aligned and organized. Seems easy to navigate through it. However, even though there is no black in any of them, there might be too many colors that keep me from focusing in one thing at the time.
;) Agostina
Agostina From Argentina

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I love your website designs! They're all very well done, and the layouts are very clean and organized. I personally prefer the third design the best because the colors go together really well and I love the flowers. Amazing job!
Kayla Pressburger