Project One: Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
tweetysmurf2350

Project One: Preliminary

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Hi All!

Here is my preliminary roughs for Project One. I won't bore you with long conversation. The first one is inspired by my love of nature and several tutorials I went over. The second one is inspired by my own weebly.com site, that I would seriously like to improve. The tabs on both are tabs that are on my Weebly site, including my blog: Geek's Opinion.

My inspiration came from three websites that I found.
1) This http://veerle.duoh.com/I loved the bright colors used on the top banner of the page and I incorporated that into my second prelim.
2)http://www.jgreenwalt.com/. I found the streamlined homepage very interesting plus and soon as I opened the page MARVEL! That won this geek's heart over.
3)http://anml.com/ I really liked the slide shows on this one showcasing their work but I was not sure how to incorporate that into my roughs but it is a neat idea.

Thank you all for playing "Critique my Website" and have a wonderful rest of your week.

Thanks Again,
Terri J. Taber
Attachments
website_layout_mobile_02.png
website_layout_02.png
website_layout_mobile_01.png
website_layout_01.png
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

tandyg

Re: Project One: Preliminary

Post by tandyg »

Wow Terri,
You really blew it away with your nature inspired web design. I would like to be able to see the type of your menu's a bit more. They seem lost in the style of the type. I would look for a more solid type that would be a bit more legible. Over all the lay out of each design works with the tube and web page.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

Hello Terri,

I love your color choices! Really pretty. The only suggestion I have is possibly a script font that is a little more legible put still pretty.

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Hey Terry,
You have a layout that flows well. I would revisit your type (just my opinion) and find something more legible to make your website easier to get around (script type is difficult to read). I would also suggest that you play with the hierarchy in your design to better control the viewer from the most important message of your website to the least.
Hope this helps :D
Jason Alavez

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Terri,

Both of your concepts are really neat!! I'm leaning more toward the nature one, maybe cause I also love nature, but the design of your trees are really nice and if you do go for that version you should try incorporating some more plants around the website. One thing that is kind of confusing to me is the shape of where you have most of your links, and then there are also links that are floating in space on the other side. I would try keeping all the links together or even just having them in the same style. Maybe instead of the random shape you could use tree trunks or branches? Either way both of them are looking really good so far!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Terri,

I really enjoyed your overall aesthetic, and your pictures are amazing! The second design is more interesting to me, its clean and simple. The menu bar adds a noce touch. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Hey Terri!

I love your designs! The colors are nice and bright and they just give off this nice happy and magical feeling. I would have to agree with most of the comments when saying that maybe you shouldn't rely on the script font for most of the text, maybe you can find a fun serif/sans serif font that you can use for your buttons instead! The placement of the links could also use a place to live instead of them just being there if you understand what I'm getting at.
Overall I really like your ideas, My favorite would have to be your second design but that's just because I like pink and purple ALOT. :D
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

Terri, I admire that you stay true to your favorite colors. I can totally see your style and it has improved a lot! I would shorten the paragraphs of personal info just because it takes over other pretty things.
Agostina From Argentina

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Your designs are very pretty and colorful! I like how your style shows through and the layouts are nice. On your desktop layouts, I suggest making your paragraph type bigger since it's a bit hard to read. Also in some of your paragraphs, I'd change your tracking on the type so the words aren't as spaced out. Great work overall!
Kayla Pressburger

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Terri,
I really like your layouts. The pictures of you are really pretty. Nice Job!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey