Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jackal

Project 1 Prelim

Post by Jackal »

Hello! Here's some websites that inspired me:

1. https://brckhmptn.com/
2. https://www.balenciaga.com/us
3. http://www.simonemarcarino.com/
4. http://m-goldstein.com/

Looking at other designs, I realized I kind of crammed all of my information on one page without thinking of making a roll out menu for links, once I choose my final concept that'll be something I'm going to play around with. The photos I used in my second rough are photos I picked from my blog, just because I wanted some that popped with that red. If I were to give a reason as to why I used them its because cats are good, and I love art?
jackal-desktop-rough-1.png
jackal-mobile-rough-1.png
jackal-desktop-rough-2.png
jackal-mobile-rough-2.png
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

tweetysmurf2350

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like how you used your name as inspiration for your website logo on both of them, but overall I like the top two the best because they are easier to read. Black backgrounds tend to annoy me, but that may be just me. Overall they seem really well done. Good Job!

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Oh my gosh Jackal,
I always loved your art style, its super simple and aesthetic. Your designs really capture your personality and I LOVE that. They are both amazing but I prefer the first one! The use of colors is great and the way you made your name look like anchor points is GENIUS. I do think you should try justifying your text so it looks a bit cleaner!
Awesome job!! :D
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Jackal!!! Super Cool Jackal design, Love it. Love the type.
Between the two designs I would stick with the yellow-ish design. I would however think of revisiting
the sizing of the "fine print" (referring to the TMCC course information, it seems to big). I think it would
create more clean of a look and feel. Just a thought.

You're awesome Jackal
Jason Alavez

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

I like your designs. All of the content is easy to read and follow. The photos you used are engaging. The kitty is the cutest. My favorite layouts are the first two with the parasail type pic but if we could add the kitty...
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

The difference between the two designs is crazy! it shows how much you could adjust to your future clients preferences. The black layout is much more interesting. But it took me a few seconds to find the kitty ;(
Agostina From Argentina

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey Jackal!

Okay so both of these look great as per usual. I think both of them have a nice aesthetic to them like day and night. I like how soft the photos/colors are on the first two, but I am really drawn to the black designs. The colors and images works so well together imo and the type and layout is just so cool. I really like the mobile version of the black, the navigation boxes are just so cool looking to me, the only thing I would say is that the images are almost a little collage-y the way they are stacked/laid out.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hello Jackal,

You overall style aesthetic is awesome! It's a hard choice, but I like the seconds designs, the color scheme is really engaging. I like how simple and effective your designs are, and you images work very well with it all. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

Very nice!! Both are great! Jackal seems to pop much more on the dark version. If you could find a way to do that on the lighter version it would make it a tough choice.

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Your layouts are nicely done and I love your style! I also really love the type you used on your name in both of your designs. For your social media icons in your second design, I suggest making them smaller so there's more emphasis on other parts of your design. Nice job, I think either design you go with will be great!
Kayla Pressburger