Project 1 Preliinary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
clawson

Project 1 Preliinary Critique

Post by clawson »

I like outdoor activities and patterns so for design 1 I created a pattern from a simple tree shape; the background is a gradient that goes from early morning light to night.

For design 2 I started with the idea of a tag line "Write your own ticket" , using a ticket graphic and bright contrasting colors.

Two websites I liked are simplyfinedesign.com for it's simple form, easy navigation and limited text I need to read and razorfrog.com for the mono color graphics that tie together photos, the SF sky line that identifies the area and the neat way the screen scrolls.
Attachments
design-2-moble-clawson.jpg
design-2-computer-clawson.jpg
design-1-moble-clawson.jpg
design-1-computer-clawson.jpg
Clara Lawson

tandyg

Re: Project 1 Preliinary Critique

Post by tandyg »

Hi Clara,
The ticket posts are neat and inviting to want to select on them and open the content. The colors are inviting.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Hi Clara!
I love the ideas you have here, the nature one is nicely designed I love the gradient and how it transitions from day to night. But my favorite has to be the ticket design. My suggestion is that maybe you can try to use some more font variations and more colors. It looks a little too simple right now(unless you were going for that). But otherwise I love it, it reminds me of the movie theater :)
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

Hello! I love the second layout. That gradient is very pleasing as a site background. The tickets remind me of a fair, and I would love to see more fun stuff in it!
Agostina From Argentina

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I like both of the ideas for your designs! The ticket design is especially really cool, and I think you could push the concept further. Maybe you could add texture to the tickets to look like paper, or add some ridges on the edges of the tickets.
Kayla Pressburger

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I think your first design with the tickets is very clever, but your second set with the graphic trees is awesome. very clean, elegant, I love it.

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi, I really liked the tree patterns. That was really cool. Nice job!
Jaime Ramey

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hello Clara,

Cool designs! I like the idea of the first one, but I think the second one has more potential. The tree pattern is very interesting, the over all layout could use some adjusting to fill the space more. I like your simplicity. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the one with the trees, the gradient is very pretty and is easy on the eyes.

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Jones

Post by Jones »

I found the second two options to be easier to follow. More chill and easy flow. The color choices on the first two was really grabbing. I like the idea of ticket stubs as well.