Rough roughs for judgment

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
tandyg

Rough roughs for judgment

Post by tandyg »

I have slaved over these layouts but I know that they need more love and attention. Do you think I should go with color? I like the more muted black and white with a pop of the red layout on the mobile. I hope to get some good feedback. Thanks
Attachments
computerrough2wo.jpg
computerrough0ne.jpg
mobilerough2wo.jpg
mobilerough0ne.jpg
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

Big_DaDdy

Re: Rough roughs for judgment

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Tandy,
I good place to start in my opinion is to select a theme or message that you are trying to convey to your viewers, this can be done through photos, colors and text. An important thing to remember is to select photos that have high enough resolution for the device in which it will be displayed. I would revisit your photo selections and look for higher definition photos for your website.

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
Jason Alavez

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

Hello there! Pretty designs. I definitely lean more towards the one with the trees picture because that color scheme is more pleasant to me. (red, black, white) I think that you could give the titles a little more importante with size, color or a fun typeface.
Agostina From Argentina

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I like your third layout the best. The gray background with the black and white trees photo go well together! I think a pop of color could look nice as well, but I think the red might be a bit too bright. Maybe you could try softer colors to go with the gray such as a light blue, pink, or beige.
Kayla Pressburger

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

The site that inspired these creations includes National Geographics
I also have taken ideas from these article and applied nothing that they mention to make these sites work. I will work on them a bit. Thanks for the feedback. Award site article.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

you can never go wrong with red, white, and black! Classic! I love the trees, lots of texture. I think that's the right track.

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Tandy,

I like the third layout, the color scheme was really nice and worked well with the image. One suggestion would be to find photos that have better resolution. good Job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like the bottom layout( The White Black and Red one) but I think your computer layout needs too look a little more like your mobile layouts for it to be a cohesive design. Just a thought.

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Tandy,
The bottom design is really amazing with the picture of the trees and then using the red font and black background it really stands out. Really nice!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

Jones

Post by Jones »

I found the second two designs to be more intriguing. The colors on the last one are on the heavy side (for me). I really liked the image of trees. Its interesting, and catches my attention. Perhaps play with more space in the design and some lighter colors?