Project 1 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
emilyduke

Project 1 Preliminary Critique

Post by emilyduke »

Here are my roughs- I was inspired by minimalism and using typography/type weights to make a statement. I also wanted to use color in a way that would add contrast. In both of my designs it was important to me to incorporate a few of my illustrations. In the blue design I was inspired by graphic designs that incorporate images with hand drawn elements/writing.

For my mobile designs I was just thinking about how Im drawn to simple, and large type/graphic sites and apps. Something really easy to read, and navigate. (both mobile designs have the same scroll down menu option)

Let me know what you guys think:9
Attachments
mobiledesign_03.jpg
webdesign_02.jpg
mobiledesign_02.jpg
mobiledesign_01.jpg
webdesign_01.jpg
Starfish ✩ emily duke

tandyg

Re: Project 1 Preliminary Critique

Post by tandyg »

Hi Emily,
Looking at these layout I can see everything that I wish I could do with a site. You got some great animation that balances the simple white background and type. The stylized font where you have underlined Designer and circled Artist is the funnest choice for me and I would hope to see this one again.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Hey Emily!
I agree with Tandy, your designs are super awesome I wish I had your talent. Your first design is great and I love your illustrations that you used because it tells a story and i really appreciate that. I would suggest justifying your text so it looks a little more clean!
Love it! :D
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

You have a very unique and eye catching illustration style that I love! The typefaces you chose go together very nicely, and the overall layouts are clean and organized. I prefer the first design the best, but the second one is great too. :)
Kayla Pressburger

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like the one with artist circled. It is very creative and unique.

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hey Emily,

Your graphics are awesome, all of your layouts make me want to buy plane tickets! It's a tough decision between the two designs, but the second layouts give me chill. They have a very vintage feel while remaining modern from their simplicity. Great work!
Dana Drakulich-King

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Emily, I really like the first two. The circle and line were an interesting choice did you consider changing the font for the word artist so it matches the one you used for your name? just a thought. I like your figure drawing it is very fun. :)
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

like your second version...it has the feel of a really cool logo as well!!!

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Emily,
I really like the top design.. the drawings are really good and its really fun to look at. Nice Job!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

Jones

Post by Jones »

These are all really fun and easy to understand. The images are light and help direct the eye. The body type didn't feel constricted. Well done.