Roast my website

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
anayaestevan

Roast my website

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey people,

My name is Estevan and these are the website layouts I came up with. Harsh but constructive feedback is welcome.
CONCEPT 1
(Desktop)
c1v2.png
(Mobile)
c1v1.png
CONCEPT 2

(Desktop)
c2dv1.png
(Mobile)
c2v1.png
The problem is that I need a website that looks good and conveys my personality. These layouts solve this problem by giving a modern feel and a hint of my taste and sensibility. The first one uses my favorite colors and I have a lot of idea of animations that could be added. The second one goes for a more luxurious and minimalist feel, which conveys my appreciation for aesthetics.

Informational Sites:
https://www.skillshare.com/browse/design

https://material.io/design/

These are both incredibly helpful. One might be paid but it is similar to lynda.com and amazing for software tutorials. The second one is amazing and totally free! Lots of information for web specific design!

Thanks,
Estevan A.
Estevan Anaya

agostina_renau

Re: Roast my website

Post by agostina_renau »

Estevan, I love the simplicity of both your designs! Very minimalistic, which I love. It was easy for me to get the big picture and immediately knew where to go for links. I love the color scheme, however, I would incorporate tints in both designs to give it some fun and depth.
Agostina From Argentina

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Hey Estevan! Both of your designs are super professional! The colors that you used are super modern and simplistic and help the overall ideas pop off the screen. The black one is my favorite personally. The black background makes your photo look amazing. I do think you should make your buttons a bit more distinguishable because right now they sort of blend together.
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Your designs are very modern and tasteful! My favorite is your second design because it's laid out nicely and visually interesting. I like your first design as well, however I feel it's a bit too spaced out. On your desktop version, you might try moving your social media buttons down below the paragraph instead of above. Nice job overall!
Kayla Pressburger

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the darker one. It is very clean cut and looks professional.

Hope this help,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I really like the second set of roughs. Very elegant. I love the back and white theme.

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Estevan,
I really like your bottom design with the font you chosen. It really nice! Its pleasing to the eye.
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Hey pal, I really like your second design. The black background makes your design look very professional and pretty sick!
In your second design, the layout seems a little unorganized and the colors could flow a little better. If that’s the design you like most I’m sure you will be able to put in the time and effort to make it look as awesome as the 1st design. :) the 1st is my fav
-Kaitlyn Johnson

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey,

I like the last two designs a lot, I think they are really simple but eye catching. I really like in the mobile design how everything is centered and stacked on top of each other. I also like that you made the body copy all caps I feel like it makes your about me more interesting. Maybe play around w different type faces
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the second two options the best. They have a great crisp and clean look. It's engaging and interesting. Well done.