proj. 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
raton de biblioteca

proj. 1

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hello all,

This is Rachel! The websites that I find inspirational are actually sports websites and shopping websites. I find these interesting in the use of color and balance, in particular sports websites seem to make you lean forward in your seat and a good shopping website will make you want to navigate to different areas.

In the past for informational websites, I honestly have spent way too many hours looking at lynda and for random information this website has a wide variety of tech news. I find the active white space very useful to introduce space for the next feature of sensational knowledge.

After today's lecture, I already have so many new ideas... will definitely be thinking about color and psychology with more prudence.

Best,

Rachel
Attachments
mobile_rough01.jpg
mobile_rough02.jpg
web_rough01.jpg
web_rough02.jpg
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

tandyg

Re: proj. 1

Post by tandyg »

Hi Rachel,

I like the images that you incorporated in your designs. The website layout is clean and legible. I really like the last website design here because of the image of the mic and I wonder if this would work better as a background image with a gradient to carry the content. I really enjoy each design.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I am liking your second set of roughs best. I think your name and body copy should be larger and more dominant than the tmcc logo and facebook symbol. You should, after all, be the star of your own website!

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi, I really like the music sheets rolled up website. It caught my eye and then using the blue block of color made me look at it too. Nice job!
Jaime Ramey

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

HI Rachel,

Your designs are amazing, I love them all. Especially the the music sheet tube, it really pulls you in. The little shapes you used really give the layout character and bring in a sense of fun. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like both designs but they seem a bit simple. Maybe adding some design elements could help. I really like the image of the rolled up music. It kind of looks like a whirlpool of notes.

Hope this helps.
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

I really like your ideas! And I love the layout for the music note whirl (or whatever you call it) version! I do think maybe you can play around with your fonts some more. Comic sans is fun and all, but it doesn't really match with your theme that you've got going on.
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

I agree with your message about how the lecture is inspiring you to communicate with color and I think you have a great opportunity to because music and color go along so well! The image with the music notes paper swirl is really unique and I think maybe making that the focus of the design/background and dropping the opacity so that you'll be able to read type on top of it could be nice? Hope this helps!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jones

Post by Jones »

My eye was drawn to the last three options the most. I really like the last two's and the images you chose. The first one has a more bubble feel to it.

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

HI Rachel! I like your fourth option the best. It's clean and easily navigated. The only part I would work on is the color block area where your paragraph sits. It's hard to read. Maybe use transparencies rather than 100%? Make the shapes bigger? Not sure. Love it!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure