My attempt

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Tickosity

My attempt

Post by Tickosity »

Ok I know this isn't my best but I am having a difficult time with this for some reason. I know that I'm going to be redesigning these because I'm just not happy with them. I tried to solve the project with one more modern design and one more classic design. I am not able to do all the fancy fun stuff that I have in my head yet so I tried to just go with simple. Once I gather the skills I know that I will be able to make things that I personally find good. Until then simple is the way I'm going to go. I personally found these sites inspirational: http://www.nevadaart.org and http://www.moma.org. I found some useful information on these sites: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/web-design-tutorials/ and http://www.how-to-build-websites.com.
Attachments
desktop-b.jpg
mobile-b.jpg
desktop-a.jpg
mobile-a.jpg
Latham Furman

agostina_renau

Re: My attempt

Post by agostina_renau »

I made the mistake of reading your bio and now it’s all I want to comment on! I think your organization is strong, as well as your contrast! Nothing to laugh about. I’m curious to what kind of fancy things you’d like to do! You’re in the right track!!
Agostina From Argentina

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

If that is your artwork in the picture, it's awesome! I love the bold contrast between the dark blue background and the bright white typeface that you used. I prefer your first designs.

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Lathem,

The artwork is amazing! I like the flow of the first designs, the font and color blocking work well together. I like the second designs, especially the more I look at them. Although, I think there is something odd about the color blocking and or the relationship of the image. Anyway, you seem to be off to a good start. Good Job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like the second design, it seems more streamlined but the text for the menu the line underneath and above kind of makes the menu hard to read. It works for your name but not the menu.

Hope this Helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

The first one is definitely my favorite! The consistently colored back ground is nice, and I just like the layout better than the other one. I do think you should pick a thinner font for your body copy because it blends in with all of your other text too much.
Awesome job!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

I agree with everybody, I think the contrast of the white type and the background on the first one is really cool, I think a different body copy type would look a bit cleaner, but I do like how in the second layouts you incorporated the colors in the photo in the design, maybe tints would be softer? Hope this helps.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi, I really like the top design. The art work is good and I like the script font your using.
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

Jones

Post by Jones »

The image you chose is really great. Interesting and dynamic. Great color choices as well. Perhaps explore some other font options to help with readability?

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi!
My favorite one is first one, but it is kinda difficult read. I would suggest play with fonts more. Great job!
Yuri Aoki