Preliminary Roughs for Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kayla.pressburger

Preliminary Roughs for Project 1

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Here are my preliminary roughs for project 1. I love minimalism and vintage designs, so I wanted to incorporate a bit of both into my designs. My goal was also to create easy to follow and organized designs for my web pages. Any suggestions to improve or change anything is appreciated. (:

Some websites that inspired me include:
http://lizmorrowstudios.com/
https://www.modcloth.com/
https://www.anthropologie.com/
https://huset-shop.com/
Attachments
Website Design Mobile Rough 2.png
Website Design Computer Rough 2.png
Website Design Mobile Rough 1.png
Website Design Computer Rough 1.png
Kayla Pressburger

agostina_renau

Re: Preliminary Roughs for Project 1

Post by agostina_renau »

Ok! I love that cats are your passion.
I seriously love these two roughs, if I had to pick I’d go with the black and white. I have been into it lately! One of my roughs is black and white also. But you’re so good,that I think you’re playing it safe.
Agostina From Argentina

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

HI Kayla,
I like the silhouette of the mountain in the background. My eyes were right on it. I would work on the type to possibly emphasis the content of the layout and engage the viewer. There is an opportunity for a hint of color or the difference with the colorful website, to draw the viewer's eye to where you want it to go.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the one with the mountains. It is light and airy and reminds me of the Sierra Nevadas.

Hope this helps,
Terri
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Kayla,

These are stunning! The first designs remind me of a book cover, the gray-scale creates a mystical feeling. The second design is lovely, the over all pink/gray tone really pulls it together. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Wow, you are such a great designer I am jelly. The first pair looks great but strikes me as more appropriate for print somehow, idk, just doesn't look like a website to me, looks like a book jacket. The second one really works though. your choice of colors and your introduction are intriguing and spot on. Great job so far. It looks like you worked hard on it and it shows in quality.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I especially like your second design, your colors are really nice. I think you should rethink the font you have for your name.....your name should be the MOST dominate on your own website. The font that you are using kind of blurs it in contrast with the other very legible fonts. :D

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Kayla,
As always beautiful job! I like both and I know that whatever you go with it will be amazing!
Jaime :)
Jaime Ramey

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Hey, Kayla! I really like both of your designs. Very clean and organized!

For your second design I would suggest possibly switching the font colors around or just make your name a little darker so it stands out more!

Great job! Can’t wait to see your final design
-Kaitlyn Johnson

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!
I'm so jealous these are amazing, my favorite has to be the second one. The colors really tie in the whole aesthetic and it looks professional and it is all super easy to navigate! You should try centering your text on the mobile version though!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez