project_one_final_sjones

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jones

project_one_final_sjones

Post by Jones »

Greetings!

My name is Sarah Jones.

For this project my goal was to keep it clean, clear and simple while still having a crisp strength to the whole design.

My designs solve the "problem" by:

Name - check
One paragraph bout me - check
One image - check
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2018 and TMCC - check
My email - check
Room for links and references - check

The useful websites are:

http://melaniedaveid.com/

http://www.fiftycoffees.com/

http://beautifully-weird-words.com/me/

I found these helpful in being able to see different styles and approaches to simple, clean design.

I look forward the hearing your thoughts!

Thanx!

slj--->out
Attachments
project_one_mobil_two_final_sjones.jpg
I played with color, font, sizing and alignment.  Changed up the fonts to match in both designs, the mobil was most affected.
I played with color, font, sizing and alignment. Changed up the fonts to match in both designs, the mobil was most affected.

kayla.pressburger

Re: project_one_final_sjones

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I really love your designs! They're both are clean and simple, while still having style and personality. I also like how you used two different photos for your mobile and computer versions. My only suggestion is to add a space between some of the words and commas, as they look a bit too close. Great work!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Sarah,

Your designs are still awesome! I like to way your fonts contrast to subtly give your page a more complex personality. Bravo love!
Dana Drakulich-King

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Sarah!!

Your websites are really organized and nice to look at! The only thing I would say is that the orange/black boxes look like they were just placed there and stick out compared to the rest of your design, I would maybe mess with effects and see if you can do something with them! Good job!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are awesome! I like how you used different images in the mobile and desktop versions, while keeping a similar theme/style. I think the black box on the desktop looks a little random and you could incorporate that white space into your minimalist style, but they still both look great!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Hey Sara, your images are really cool. It might be good to put your email link in a more legible font or just use a little envelope. Either way, I love the grain and texture of these images.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the image on your mobile design. It is very dynamic looking and the website as a whole look very dynamic and interesting.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Great stuff here.

I like all the changes you made. Color schemes and illustrations are nice and lend themselves well to your design.

Be careful with alignments and type justification. In your desktop layout, the text is broken up strangely. Mobile design looks slightly off to the left.
Estevan Anaya

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well done, Sarah. I really like the aesthetics on these.

Both the mobile and the computer version feel very consistent with one another. There's not real shifts in typeface or color, so the different images really stand out and separate them nicely. The imagery choices were superb on your preliminary work and remain excellent here. They immediately establish a techy outdoor feel that is amplified by the rest of the design. Kind of a warm modern ethic. The high contrast of both layouts is nicely balanced with a splash of goldenrod. I like the type choices too. The handwriting font establishes the warmth while the sans-serif typewriter font helps give it a modern feel. It seems like an annotated announcement at a camp bulletin board. The whole simplicity of the thing is very appealing.

I hope the HTML version of this thing won't have the big black box on the right that your computer version does. That's a massive eye draw that has no content in it. It's dominant and doesn't do anything to give information or navigate the site, or even help tell the site's story.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Sarah,
I really love your designs. I really like the font you used for your name... I really just love the whole dang thing!
Beautiful work!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey