web project 1 final version

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
jason_hosier

web project 1 final version

Post by jason_hosier »

Here are two references and my final uploads for project 1. I changed the design of the buttons to match the theme better and worked on the margins a bit but if anyone has any constructive criticism about how this can be improved I would love to hear it. Thanks.

html css 101 tutorial

[youtube]https://youtu.be/y3UH2gAhwPI/youtube]

don't fear the internet tutorial

http://www.dontfeartheinternet.com/08-layout/
Attachments
web-design-prj1-obile-09-26-2018.jpg
web-design-prj1-final.jpg
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

kayla.pressburger

Re: web project 1 final version

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I really like the artwork you used as your background, it makes it really unique. My only suggestion is to make the boxes behind your bodycopy the same color. I think the gray on your mobile version looks nicer than the black on your web version. Nice work!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hey Jason,

I really enjoy how abstract your layout is. It's very simple and easy to understand, but very interesting. I feel like it would be a great home page to an art gallery or something along those lines. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

I like the red and black emphasis of the links compared to the animated background. Really like the contrast and interest.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are awesome! Very unique, I love the art and I like the transparency of all of the boxes, it gives it a clean feeling.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

matt

Post by matt »

YESSSSS!!!!
I Like it! I like the texturing that you did with the artwork. I like the layout. doesn't feel cluttered. I also like your color choices. I'd the home button smaller and think about type and hierarchy to emphasis what you want the viewer to see first. Great job on this Jason!
Matty James

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Jason!!

I really like how your buttons seem like video game controller buttons, it would've been cool if the other buttons were in the same style, though I like the different colored orbs. Super cool!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Jason,

Some big improvements here! Digging the art in the background. Much better color scheme too.

Only complaint I have is that your navigation is not intuitive. Are the elements at the bottom supposed to be your links to your other pages? That should be a little more clear.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

Really interesting image, very unique. Is that your work? The only thing I'd suggest is moving the image over a bit to the left on the computer version. Outside of that I really enjoy the freshness and individual style you brought to this project! Also... color scheme is rad.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the texture you created with the artwork in the background. It’s really playful and fun.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore