Project #1: Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
tweetysmurf2350

Project #1: Final

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Hey Y'all!
Here is my final for my website layout. I changed the script font on the buttons to something more readable as most of you suggested although Micheal said he could read it. I also kept the transparent box behind the body copy because I had trouble reading it without it myself so I figured others would have trouble too. Or it maybe just my poor eyesight. Anyhoo. Here's my final.

Cheers!
Terri
Attachments
website_layout_mobile_2_01-01.png
website_layout_2_01-01.png
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Drakula

Re: Project #1: Final

Post by Drakula »

Hi Terri,

Your designs are very whimsical, the color scheme is really fitting for the theme. I enjoy your nav bar, it really makes your site accessible. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are great! I love the colors and the layout is nice, I would suggest using that same paragraph font for the "website #1" etc words too.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

its all really cohesive and works fine as an introduction to your brand. Its strange that your TMCC logo is two different colors. Ive noticed the theme of your work involves a lot of fantasy imagery and this complements your theme well. Good work.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

The visual texture of your design continues to be a real strength of this design. It looks like it's made of cotton candy. I can practically taste it!

... I really shouldn't be reviewing websites hungry should I?

Part of that texture comes from your well chosen colors. The pinks, purples, and blues work well together. Heck, the blue in your navigation matches the blue on your dress in your photo and the pink matches the pink in the rose you're holding. Just excellent color choices. Another excellent choice is the background image. The cloud/nebula/cotton candy background adds visual interest and whimsy to the design as well as taking a simple layout and adding texture to it. Your Photoshop detailing is very strong as well. I like the drop shadow behind your script type at the top and the slots between buttons on your navigation. That navigation is well placed and easy to use. Your script type is also perfect for your design. It looks like cake frosting on that background. Your footer and secondary link sans-serif type adds a cleanliness that helps with the soft fluffy feel you have going here.

With that background, I don't know if you need the purple box behind your type at all. On your mobile design, the top edge of your navigation, image, and textbox do not line up, this creates a bit of choppiness in the design. I think on both your computer and your mobile designs, your navigation type could have been reduced by 2-3 points and it would have worked better. You'd have better left and right margins on your computer layout nav buttons and your mobile layout buttons would be one line of type instead of two. I think you have two fonts too many in your composition as well. The Copperplate in your navigation buttons and the serif type in your bodycopy clash both with each other and with the nicely chosen script type and the sans-serif type in your footer and secondary navigation.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey Teri,

I like these colors! It all blends together nicely. Layout is great too.

It all works well. I think fonts could less serif-y. I don't think it's necessary to wrap your text below your image.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

Perhaps flip the image so you are looking in at your text, not off the page? I like the background image and the colors are very vibrant.

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Terri!!

I love the background and color scheme of your designs! The only thing I would say is to maybe do something with the 'Web Design' links at the bottom so they don't look so out of place. Maybe a different font or adding boxes like your nav bar. Really nice website though, I think it represents you well!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

is this a fairytale????????? am I inside a princess castle???? so so pretty!
did you take the picture and then chose the theme, or did you put up a production specifically for this website?? I think it works either way.
Agostina From Argentina

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Hey Terri, Very unique and bright designs! My only critique would be trying to keep your fonts consistent between both your web and mobile designs :)
-Kaitlyn Johnson