Final!

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
themeg98

Final!

Post by themeg98 »

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! (Low key have no idea what a weekend is anymore).
On that note here are my final designs for project 1. I went with the road design due the more modern mysterious feel you get from it. Most of my changes were minor. Examples would be leading and type size on both of the designs, font changes within the same font family and centering of the logos and images. I wanted a clean feel to my design and to allow my buttons and type to breathe.
The two links below describe how to colors and typefaces for the web. The first one is a very broad overview of color theory and the second is more of a guideline / crash course to font choices.
https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles ... esign-1437
https://designshack.net/articles/typogr ... ur-design/

Sorry for the screen shot versions here but the forum kept throwing me out when I tried to post the original proofs. Something about the "website is insecure"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 9.22.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 9.21.30 PM.png
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

kayla.pressburger

Re: Final!

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I love the background picture you used! It's so calming and nice to look at. I also like the minimalist feel of the designs. Maybe you could put your references link in a box like the projects are?
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hey Megan,

I love the mood of your layouts, very simple and dreamy. The embellishments really add a nice touch. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Megan, im suprised you went with this motif when you had access to an uncle who could help you find images of cool wraps and decals. your font choices are good.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Megan,

Some good improvements have been made here! Like the simpleness of it.

Maybe references should be more in line with the other navigation? I also think adding an opaque shape to add beneath your text might help your text pop a bit more. A drop shadow might help with that as well.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

I find this design to be interesting while inviting you in to find out more. It has a lovely mystery to it... thanx awesome image! I personally like the black and white feel, but wasn't one of the criteria to have color? Outside of that... looks great! I like it!

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

The grayscale image adds a sort of clean crispness that just adds to your design. Great work!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are really nice, they create a very calm vibe, I think leaving the black boxes white or just expanding the image would be nice as well.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Somehow you've managed to make these even more mysterious. I think it's the extra black. It adds contrast and makes it even more stark. A nice addition. I like the way the road points right at your logo in both the computer and mobile versions. But for one button, you have pretty good margins throughout both of your compositions. As I look over the design, it's the little details that continue to spring out at me. The uneven strokes on the boxes that gives them a painted look. The common gradient that appears across all your buttons. The navigation used as framing on the computer layout. I like your typographic choices, too. The handwriting script works well for your title and navigation and the sans-serif is working well for your bodycopy.

Watch the margins on your "References" button. It's too close to the left and right edges on your computer layout and is too close on the bottom on your phone layout. I'm not sold on your off center type on the computer layout. I think two columns, one in each lane, would have looked better.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

I totally dig the mistery that this design inspires. clean and simple!
Agostina From Argentina