Final Design

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Tickosity

Final Design

Post by Tickosity »

I decided to go more with the colors in the art for the whole site. I think it is easier to read instead of the bright white. For those who were wondering I am not the artist of the work, sorry to say. It is by my favorite artist Lora Zombie https://lorazombie.com/.
Attachments
mobile-b-v2.jpg
desktop-b-v2.jpg
Latham Furman

Drakula

Re: Final Design

Post by Drakula »

Hey Latham,

I like your designs! The color scheme is cool, it keeps the eye moving and works well with the art. Thank you for the new artist, she is awesome!! Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are nice, I like that you incorporated the paintings colors in your design, the blue words/navigation don't pop as well as the other colors to me, maybe try out a different shade or color? Otherwise, good job!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

I really like your choice of color. It would be really easy for you to just work on lining your text up a little. definitely a good start.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Jones

Post by Jones »

Great image! I like how the drips on the first one lead the eye into the buttons area. The colors are neat, and create a contemplative vibe.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

This is a very clean and streamlined design! I like the dark colors you used and the meshing with the colors in the artwork. Great job!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Design has been reduced and simplified to success. Much better.

Still think fonts could be a little more interesting. Overall very dark. Maybe add some off the white from the image?
Estevan Anaya

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. Interesting.

You've got a good clean layout here. It communicates it's information well. The margins are well done and give all of your layout objects room to breathe. I like your color choices as well. They echo the colors in your image and help tie your layout in with it. Color is also used well here to establish a visual hierarchy. I can, at a glance, tell what you feel is important in your content. I like the font choice as well. Your sans-serif makes for good bodycopy and your rounded serif type works well on your navigation.

Overall, the design seems to lack visual interest, though. I think it needs a background pattern or image that would help offset the clean layout. I think your included image would work well for that purpose. Perhaps if the site had been laid out around a full size version of that image. Also, I don't care for the variable size of your button text. Size all your buttons around the longest one. I think using your navigation font in your headline would have helped a bit in the visual ineterest department.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi there,
I really like your designs. The color choice is really pretty and I really like the art work.
Good Job!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

my favorite thing, by far, is the j from projects.
Agostina From Argentina