Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Aplzskins

Project 1 Final

Post by Aplzskins »

Happy Friday All!

This is my final design layout. I took the advice from the preliminary: add a more exciting (expressive) font, and change my image.
It was really important to me to have a simple clean design with a bit of personality.

These are the website inspiration/tutorials:
https://coder-coder.com/layout-design-website/
https://neilpatel.com/blog/website-clean-simple-design/
Attachments
mobile_as_04.jpg
computerversion_05.jpg
-April Skinner

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then, when you know better, do better.” —Maya Angelou

jason_hosier

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by jason_hosier »

Looks great April, I like how you use the dark space in different degrees on the mobile versus web versions. Your use of different fonts works well too.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got a real nice aesthetic going here, April. I like the immediate headspace the image puts me in. A creative's desk on an overcast day. Perfect for sketching up the next great ad campaign. You also use contrast really well throughout your design, obviously with the black and white, but with how the blue interacts with them as well. Your colors are well chosen and reflect your image nicely. The black and white provide the hard edge and eye catching parts, while the blue softens everything. I like your type too. The sans-serif and script types play well with each other and establish a clean, creative feel. Very much a studio website design. Your navigation is large and easy to find and use and works well with the rest of your composition.

Your margins around your blue text box are way too tight. It's too close to both your "about" text at the top and your "As a Designer ..." text at the bottom. Also, your mobile design's blanace is all out of whack. It is very bottom heavy. Everything feels crammed into the bottom two thirds of the layout.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey April,

Really digging the color scheme and overall layout! Has a very "oregon" feel to it.

Be careful about minor alignments! I like the script font for your name, but I would like it more if it was slightly more readable.

Otherwise, great job
Estevan Anaya

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hello April,

Your layout make me want to get to work, or hire someone. It's a very smart design and it looks like you're creating inside the box just fine! Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the image and layout. It would be cool if you could make the circles look like coffee stains from the cup. Well done! The page has a sophisticated feel to it.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I love the image of the workspace. I would do something like that for mine, but my deal is fugly. I love the over all feel of the design. It makes me feel like home somehow.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are really great, the whole design feels really clean and well put together. I love the typography!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi April!

I love the overall feel of your website and your color choices are super nice! I would maybe do something with your name so it stands out a little more and isn't so flat. Nice job!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

nicely done!! I love the color scheme.
Agostina From Argentina