final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
clawson

final

Post by clawson »

Final design for project one.
Attachments
final-mobile-lawson.jpg
final-computer-lawson.jpg
Clara Lawson

emilyduke

Re: final

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! This is nice, I love the colors and the trees, I don't think you need the fish graphic on the bottom, but either way it looks nice.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

I think this is really bad in the best way. it reminds me of duck hunt or Oregon trail. I don't mean this in a negative way tho I don't know how other people would feel. I love it. Your body copy nearly runs off the page on the mobile version. Watch your margins. I wanna see this animated somehow. :)
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Clara,

Cool work. The animals are really fun! I think it would be cool if the trees were a little more abstract or something like that. Your color scheme really pops. Great work!
Dana Drakulich-King

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I really like the geometry of this design Clara. It's got a 60's cartoon feel to it. Nice retro work.

Good job tacking into the strengths of your preliminary design. The interlocking trees continue to fascinate me. I really like the pattern you've created here. Splicing in the geometric wildlife adds another fun layer. It feels like a luggage pattern. The colors work well together too. I especially like your gradient. It creates a sky and ground out of color shifts. You've implied a sky and ground and your object placement really sells it. Your navigation is well placed and easy to find and use.

Your bodycopy seems to disappear into the sky gradient in some places. I think it would have been better in white or another lighter color. Your navigation shows up perfectly fine in the sky as a green, for example. Double check and make sure the white bar on the right of your computer layout doesn't make it into your HTML in Project Two.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Nice improvements Clara.

There is a lot more here to get a sense of what is going on. Layout is nice and works well.

I would like there to be more detail in your elements. I get what is going on but it could be cleaner. I think fonts could be stronger as well as body copy.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the trees and the colors you choose. The bears are very cute. Perhaps add a way to help make the type stand out more? The image is very neat in it's style. Unique.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

This looks really cute and cuddly, I like it!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Clara!!

Your concept is so cute, I love the simplistic style and it would be cool to see some aspects of this animated! I would go with more dynamic font choices though.
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I like your bears and deers, very cute! I also really like your smooth gradients with the colors you chose!
My only suggestion would be to keep your fonts consistent between mobile and web :)
-Kaitlyn Johnson