Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jaime Ramey

Project 1 Final

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Everyone,
Here is my website for project 1. My plan is to have the coin move to the 25 cent slot and then have the screen light up.
Thank you
Attachments
finishedwebsite.jpg
Jaime Ramey

Jones

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Jones »

I like the concept, super fun. Perhaps play with the placement of the images to direct the eye around the page more?

The colors are very eye catching and attention grabbing.

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hey, I really like the arcade feel and colors of the website. I think it fits really well with you, and am excited for what you keep doing with it!
-Tony Giusti

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

cool concept for your website. make sure your design is the right size in photoshop.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

I like the unity here! Retro arcade theme is very cool. 8 bit social media icons are awesome.

The title text seems a little boring compared to the text above the arcade machine. I would like much more detail in your coin and arcade machine. Fully rendered illustrations would be sick. Good luck.
Estevan Anaya

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! This design is nice, I really like the top right navigation button/designs, and the social media icon designs! I think the font could be more exciting to match your design a bit better.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Jamie,

Nice job, your layout is enticing. It has a very old school vibe and makes me want to get change for a $10. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Um. Where's your mobile version? You needed two for this project. Also, you need to crop your design down a bit. It looks like Illustrator made a JPEG a little beyond your artboard.

I really do like what you're going for here. The whole concept seems like fun. I'm not sure we'll get far enough this semester for you to fully realize it, but we'll get you enough knowledge to ask the internet the right questions and teach yourself how to do it. I like how the whole thing seems a little digitally rendered, a little Trony. It fit's with the vaporwave 80s nostalgia thing you're trying to capture here. Your colors may seem chaotic at first, but they're perfect for establishing that "under blacklight" feel that characterized the best of the '80s arcades. I like the digital font you used on your navigation and arcade marquee. It's perfect for what you're going for and works well. The coin as an info area amuses me too.

Your margins are pretty consistently tight here. The "TMCC" in the coin is smashed up to the top and the "Project 1" and "Project 2" are butted against the edge of your monitor. Your navigation buttons need to have the same sized text and I think you could have made your nav bar a little taller. I'm also not sold on the serif type for the title and bodycopy. It works well on the coin, but I think your "digital" font that you used so well for your navigation and arcade marquee would have looked great for the title and then a nice sans-serif type for the bodycopy.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Your concept is super cool and I love the colors! Your title and body sentence look very out of place though so I would recommend making the fonts so they match your theme more and shortening the length of the text box for your paragraph! Nice job tho, the game machine is super cool!!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

wow you really made your concept happen. I think it is really . cool!
Agostina From Argentina