Project Two

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
giusti56

Project Two

Post by giusti56 »

I picked https://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spac ... ie/jam.htm for my bad website, but after looking at if for some time I realized it's an awesome website and changing it would make it worse in my opinion. I made some more modern looking sites but I prefer their retro one more. My inspiration were just movie posters that they made.
Attachments
spacey-jam-2-menu.png
spacey-jam-2.png
spacey-jam-1-menu.png
spacey-jam-1.png
-Tony Giusti

Jones

Re: Project Two

Post by Jones »

How fun!

The colors are great. The images and layout are light hearted yet easy to discern information and over all goal of site.

Perhaps make the yellow box lighter?

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

These are a nice upgrade from the 1996 version! I prefer your first design over the other, since it's a cleaner design and I like the movie poster feel to it. I also like that Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny aren't staring into my soul in that one. Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

DANG!! I bet that was revolutionary in 1996, however, it needs love in 2018 lol. I like your first designs, they have a more modern feeling while showing the purpose of the site. I also like the second designs, they're a great homage to 1990's and early 2000's movie covers (nostalgia sells). Maybe for the second design it might work if you lower the transparency of the back which might make it feel more modern while still honoring the era, just a thought. Awesome work!!
Dana Drakulich-King

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

I actually think there is a lot you could do!! maybe a slide of movie scenes in the banner, and change the navigation bar to just icons or just words.
but I like your first design better!!
Agostina From Argentina

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Okay I was gonna do this one and thought the same thing, but I think the second and last designs are really cool, Im drawn to the space one, but both are great. I think I like the minimal design, with the red type, it kind of gives it a more modern feeling.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Oh, dang! Both of the layouts are striking. I prefer the first set because of the homage that it pays to the original, seriously the planets being the buttons, but instead placing them in the footer area :) is super fun. I also prefer the font layout for bugs bunny and michael jordan on this one.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

The bottom design really says "Space Jam" to me and as someone who wore their VHS of that movie to the grave, I feel I am qualified to say that.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

The second set is the best. It really reminds me of a video game for the sega genesis.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hah! This one is just too much fun.

I like "spacey-jam-1.png". It looks like a poster for the movie (with a little bit of video game title screen mixed in) and visually captures a bit more of what the movie is about. I especially like the contrast of colors. The cool blue background image makes for a great backer for the brightly colored page titles, navigation, and text. The greens, yellows, oranges, and reds work well together and make for a great contrast against the background image. The background image is perfectly chosen and summarizes the movie visually. Your text choices are perfect. The font is easy to read, but zany and bulging out of the layout. It feels very cartoony which is entirely appropriate for the subject matter. Great use of transparency on the navigation dropdown.

Watch your top and bottom margins on your navigation dropdown. I think the dropdown might work better as two columns in that rounded edge box. I would have liked to see true inner pages and mobile designs for these layouts in order to better provide you critique, but what I see here is pretty darn good.

Fantastic work, Anthony!

Now I gotta' go watch Space Jam again.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173