Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Jackal

Project 2 Roughs

Post by Jackal »

Hi!!! So I am redesigning this site: https://ibgybg.world.

I chose this site because it's one of my favorite bands! This actually turned out to be very difficult, because although their site is very...empty, I felt as though my style is very similar because I like being minimalistic. It was really difficult to make my layouts not look so flat but I'm definitely still refining them!! If you have any ideas for me plz let me know! Thanks :>
Attachments
website-v1a.png
website-v1b.png
mobile-v1a.png
mobile-v1b.png
website-v2a.png
website-v2b.png
mobile-v2a.png
mobile-v2b.png
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

kayla.pressburger

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Their website takes minimalism to another level. I really like what you've done with it! I'm drawn the most to your second design. It's still minimalist, but has character to it, especially the homepage. I also really love the way you did the type on the band name! Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi,

Interesting layouts, they both give me the impression of being music related. The second design, to me have a clearer layout, the color scheme pushes the design instead of cluttering it. The way you did the font is very cool, it give the allusion of vibration. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Damn their website is kind of cool lol, but I appreciate the want to redesign. I really like your second one, its a lot easier to navigate than the one now, but still has character, the colors are great and I like the overlapping of the band name on images.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

I really like the first design for the character shown in the skewed typography and texture that the type makes. But I really like the second design for the orange offset from the shades of gray in the images.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, Neat.

Oh, you're going to hate me for this, but I actually like your super clean "website-v2a.png" version that does not have the orange bars at the top. If keep the page layout of your "v2b" inner page, but leave the orange bars off the top, I think you'll really have something here. It feels ultra clean, like a streetwear website should be, but it keeps a little of the jitter of your second design. The inner page is perfectly spaced. No odd groups and none of the objects are too far from each other so everything feels together, but not crammed next to each other. Good use of proximity. The distressed logo type and dyslexic logo mark really help preserve the jitter and amplify the streetwear feel. Good choices there too. And great color choices to round it off. The orange and white work well together.

I'd say snag a sans-serif type for the navigation. Serif isn't really working with what you are going for here. A slight touch of texture or gradient in the background might go a ways too. Or maybe not. Try it and see if it works. Make sure the social media links that appear on the mobile homepage also appear on the computer home page and make sure some of the imagery from your computer home page makes it to the mobile home page.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like your really clean one but what you are doing with the name of the band by repeating it is making my eyes vibrate. It may be because I am doing this while battling a head cold but it just looks too busy.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Wow the first set is really hip. I want to hear the music now. I like how you simplified the nav. good job!
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Jones

Post by Jones »

These have a very punk rock attitude to them. I prefer the first offering, it feels more cohesive to me. I like the images you chose and the fonts are fun.

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

The original site reminds me of that episode of Spongebob where Squidward is stuck in the endless white void of nothing (if you know what I'm talking about). I really like the clean white designs! It keeps the original feel of the site and revamps it into something easier to comprehend!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez