Project #2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
tweetysmurf2350

Project #2 Final

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Here is my final redesign of my dad's webpage. I actually caught onto this pretty quick. I had fun redesigning it and my dad's exact words to seeing the redesign was "Good Job!" and that is high praise coming from him.
http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2018 ... index.html
I had fun doing the parallax scrolling on the home page. It is a cool effect and fun to do. My next side project is to finally do my own website for my online RPG forum that I do with my best friend.
Thank you all for your input on my roughs, it really helped the final design come together.

Thanks all!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

agostina_renau

Re: Project #2 Final

Post by agostina_renau »

teri, Good job on staying true to the very first critique! I found interacting with your web very pleasing.
Agostina From Argentina

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Cool site! It has a very dreamy quality about it. The home page is amazing!! you really got the parallax down and with a good use of color and composition. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

There is definitely a lot going on in this site. Great job on creating the parallax/scrolling capabilities thing- I cant image how to do that!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jones

Post by Jones »

I really dig the way the images roll. Its fun colors and great images. Well done.

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The parallax has a great color scheme! The pacing is good, it is fun to scroll down and see new images coming up.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice! Great use of parallaxing on your Project Two there, Terri. Both your projects have great backgrounds. Your cotton candy nebula on project one provides a great surface to pop your white top off of and your shifting backgrounds on Project Two are wonderfully illustrative and evocative. Your color choices are very strong as well. I like how you've strayed from the usual color choices, but the color sets you picked don't clash. I never thought dark pink and dark green-teal would get along, and yet here we are. Both sites also feature good examples of CSS injected text. Your navigation on both pages is easy to see and use. Your bodycopy seems to be nicely set for the most part, too.

The navigation buttons on your Project One are a little tight on the left and right margins especially on some of your longer text. I'm not sure if your bodycopy on your Project Two needed the transparent blue boxes behind it.

Good work! You're right, you DO have a good grasp on this.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173