Project two the struggle bus.

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Jones

Project two the struggle bus.

Post by Jones »

This is my profile page:
http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2018/sarah-jones/

This is my project two portion:

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2018 ... index.html

I had a hard time getting them to link before the computer lab closed. So this is what I have.

I don’t like the way project two turned out. I have much to learn.

Yuppers. If you have coding tips I’m down to hear them.

Thanx!

Drakula

Re: Project two the struggle bus.

Post by Drakula »

Hey,
Your home page is super cool, it stayed pretty true to your original design. The new site has a very crisp feel to it. My only comment would have been to change the text color to make it pop a little better off the page. For an inside person, it seems like this company would be a lot of fun to use for an out door adventure!
Dana Drakulich-King

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

good job sara!!! I'm glad you made it work!!
Agostina From Argentina

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

I actually opened your profile site on my phone and it looks perfect as a mobile site! I would suggest maybe testing out different background images on proj 2, this one is a bit pixely and I think replacing the background image should be pretty easy in dw and make a big difference- but nevertheless good job!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

I'm glad you got this to work! The simple designs go a long way with communication!
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, it looks like the Struggle Bus has led you to a pair of functional websites that were put online on time, so it can't have been all bad. Your Project One is a good minimalist layout where the orange, black, and white work well together. The navigation is easy to find and use and it guides you to your inner page content quickly and simply. Your inner page is also easy to navigate and conceptually is quite cool looking. Nice use of CSS drop shadows to pop your type out against your photographic background. Your homepage buttons are also easy to see and use.

The background image on your Project Two seems super low resolution. I think it would have looked better with a higher resolution/cleaner image. "Reno - Tahoe - The West" on your inner pages is dark and unreadable on the inner pages. Also, there's no navigation on your Project Two inner pages. How are people going to get out. I don't think you needed the notches on your Project One navigation. I think it would have looked just as good with lines.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I think these came out really well. The only thing I would suggest is using higher resolution images for the background images. You can kind of see the jpeg artifacts in them.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Jones

Post by Jones »

Now with linking power!!! Project 2 links correct like... in case you are wondering.

Thanx!