Project #3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
tweetysmurf2350

Project #3 Roughs

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Here are my roughs for project #3. I decided to go a little geeky with these. The top layouts are a Star Trek theme while the bottom layouts are a kind of Harry Potter/ Boarding School theme. For the Harry Potter type homepage my idea is to have the navigation text only appear when you roll over, like magic. For the Star Trek themed one I want to change the LCARS colors to better refect TMCC but I ran out of time to do it.

I didn't really have any inspiration for this, I just wanted to showcase me in this project and these are two of my loves.

Cheers!
Attachments
grc-innerpage-mobile-layout-2.png
grc-innerpage-layout-2.png
grc-homepage-layout-2.png
grc-innerpage-mobile-layout-1.png
grc-innerpage-layout-1.png
grc-homepage-mobile-layout-1.png
grc-homepage-layout-1.png
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

agostina_renau

Re: Project #3 Roughs

Post by agostina_renau »

Bollocks, I was born a muggle, but I have no doubts you are an exceptional witch yourself.
Even though I can't attend Hogwarts, I have visited campus twice. How did I get there, you say? I took the Hogwarts Express from platform 9 3/4. It was a rather pleasant ride, although we encountered Dementors, I heard Harry performing Patronum in the hallway.
Diagon Alley feels safe if you ask me, plus I was able to visit Olivanders.
Cheers to butter beer.
Agostina From Argentina

Jones

Post by Jones »

So funny! Nice. I like the spin on both, and find the Star Trek theme the easiest on the eye. I like the colors and the order. Well done!

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

These are fun! Especially the bios on the Instructors page. I like the layout of the Startrek one a bit better since it’s a cleaner and more interesting layout in my opinion. Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Hogwarts college? Star Trek college? thats next level. I don't understand what your doing well enough to critique this.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Both of these are very unique, I think the first one is a bit cleaner/really embracing the theme, but i love harry potter so..
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

I will now confuse Dan for Captain Picard forever. I like the first designs I think they have a funner feeling to them.
Dana Drakulich-King

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

DAYM these are both amazing! Seriously "ENGAGE" I like the Star Trek ones.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

I really like your Star Trek one! Its super retro and fun! It would be awesome to see how that one turns out.
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

clawson

Post by clawson »

Both are very clever and good design. I think the star track would fit the GRC best. There's room for the text you need to describe the program.
Clara Lawson