Project 1 ~ Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Gr8K8

Project 1 ~ Final

Post by Gr8K8 »

Here are my final designs for project 1. I basically ignored that almost everybody preferred the sunflower version. But thanks everyone for all the feedback! My heart was in the textured one for sure :lol:

So I cleaned up my paper scraps and swapped a few out for better quality images. I also fixed the drop shadow/lighting issue. Aaaand I found a better piece of denim that doesn't end so abruptly. I also like that the stitching ties it in with the background. I also decided to move my Home button up top to my Header/Logo section, freeing up more space below. I think this helped me figure out my mobile layout a little better.

Overall I'm really happy with how these turned out. :mrgreen:

My two informational links:

Link 1

Link 2
Attachments
mobile_textures_final.png
computer_textures_final.png
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

KJX

Re: Project 1 ~ Final

Post by KJX »

Hey

I like that you keep the version you liked best verse what we wanted you to do. Keep it up.
I like the overall appearance of your website, but my favorite thing is the glasses at the top.

-KJ

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I liked that you kept with this version, I preferred it over the sunflower design. The textures and how you blended other elements is impressive. It has a nice visual hierarchy and I never feel like the textures are too much. I would only change the color of the footer text to white, the yellow is getting a little lost in the denim. Excellent work overall.

Stormy
Stormy

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

the textures are super fun! I also really enjoy the colors, they work well together. looks great!
~Mika Miller~

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

Great improvement over your preliminaries, the paper looks good and the denim footer is clean.
James Chumpol

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I have mad respect for sticking with the design you preferred. Part of being a designer is making those choices and having legitimate reasons for it, and you obviously did! This refined design is definitely excellent, and it conveys such a playful but professional energy. Awesome job!
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi! I like how you went with the design you liked the most. The stitching ties in well with your footer.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

sndbox

Post by sndbox »

I really enjoy that you went with that textured background instead of one color, it adds a very recognizable touch to your website!
I would say the orange color for the text in the footer is just a tiny bit too dark, I would make that just a tad bit lighter, but other than that I like it! :D
Sandra R.
san-druh

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well look at that! You've actually managed to improve upon the textured skeuomorphic design you presented in the preliminary critique. It's amazing what a common light source will do for everything, isn't it?

It's so fuzzy! I think I'm getting a static shock just looking at it. Your textures are excellent. Even better than the preliminary version. It carries over the warm, crafty feel of the original, but it's just better executed. I still like the paper nav and the torn out book page logo. Your type is still working well, too. The strongest improvement, I think, is that jeans seam footer. It keeps the jeans texture of your first one, but adds a nice framing element with the top and bottom thread.

I'd lighten the copper type in the jeans a little bit. I'm having trouble reading it unless I lean in to my monitor.

Excellent work, Kaitlin!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

You did wonderful work, I like that you picked the textured look because it seems you put a lot more into this one.