JC - Project 04 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
JamesC46

JC - Project 04 Preliminary

Post by JamesC46 »

My redesigns were based off of a mix of different educational sites, ranging from TMCC's, UNR's and Stanford's. The first design was based towards traditional web design while the second would utilize the trend of parallax scrolling.
Attachments
design02.jpg
design01.jpg
James Chumpol

wilson_iii

Re: JC - Project 04 Preliminary

Post by wilson_iii »

Love both of these! Good work using photos as a background. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the first one, as it matches TMCC's color theme more, and I just can imagine it as a real TMCC webpage. One thing I would fix is how small the nav is, I personally think that would be too small. Good job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You're missing an inner page on these, but I get where you're going.

I like design number 2, myself. It's simpler and does more with what it has.

Great use of photos. The image slider at the top is a good strong focal point for the eye and I especially like the use of the campus image in the green as a way to bring texture to the content area. It's opaque enough not to interfere with the type or other content in that region. It's got a pretty decent sense of contrast considering the design uses very little hard darks or lights. I think the two different tones of gray used to separate your navigation from your header attest to this. That navigation is simple and easy to see and use, as well. I like that you went with the white version of the logo too. The white color really pops out and contrast well to the rest of your design. Ditto with your titles and headlines. Good typographic choices as well. They type is clean and modern. Works well for what we have here.

You've got a nice little area to the left in your image slider on your computer version. I would probably have stuck the "Graphi Arts & Media Technology Program ..." text in there rather than small and across the middle. You also have a similar nice content spot to the right of your bodycopy. Maybe a good spot for some sample student art?

Nice work, James!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

Both of these are good and have a professional look , I would go with design 1 though. The other design's header seems to take over the page and design 1 has a better balance of content.
Stormy

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi, both of your designs look really good! I like how they mimic TMCC's original website while also being completely different. I think your better design is the first one.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I really like both honestly, and either one is worth pursuing. I do prefer the second design however, as the compartmentalization of the text into boxes really works well for me visually.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.